Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Diamond Mays - 2y/o, Pomchi With Rectal Abnormalitis and Blockage.

198 posts in this topic

Oh good! Hopefully things will now flow better for her. She is going to feel so much better now. Being that constipated will make them feel like not eating and they will vomit. Keep an eye on her as if she stops eating again and doesn't poop, she will need to be seen again. Or, my vet, prescribed one of my kitties so much Miralax a day, which you can buy at the store, mix in their food and it is tasteless, might keep things moving along and not get bound up. She may or may not need that due to her issue but just food for thought.

I've seen mention of this in other places on this site - how we can get so excited about an animal pooping by themselves. Well, this is one of those times. Glad to hear she has 'gone on her own' and we will send positive thoughts that she will continue to do so... Betsy

Just checking in to see how Diamond is doing. I hope she's still continuing to go on her own. :heart:

Jamie.K

Well Diamond pooped a tiny bit yesterday. I didn't see it. The vet also prescribed Miralax that I picked up a couple days ago. Since she wants to be a diva, I've been giving her chicken and sprinkling Miralax on it. Apparently the vet had found a hair ball that was causing blockage. I thought it was weird when I gave her a bath and pulled a long black hair out of her. I was like my hair isn't black. Ok... Just gave her meds again and hopefully she's poops sometime soon. Slowly but surely.

We'll take a little poop...she's a little girl and I bet she wondered WOW...that wasn't so bad...

keep that chicken/Miralax coming and I just know she's going to get the hang it soon...I am SO HAPPY for you both!

Hi

If you get a small FURMINATOR you can brush up the dead hair without disturbing the other hair/fur. I have cats that hate combs, brushes and line up to be furminated On cats you often get enough fur to start another kitty.

BTW, when you have surgery the hospital will not release you until you have gone on your own !

Kathy

Diamond has been doing well as far as pain wise and mobility. She hasn't gone #2 a whole lot. Just a tiny bit each day. That's good because it is somewhat functioning. Hopefully soon she will have more control. Will take her to the vet after class today if they have time before they close to make sure she's not all full of stool which she probably is and clean her out. Thank you to all of you who are checking on Diamond :).

I'm glad Diamond is making some improvement and hope she'll be completely well soon.

Jamie.K

I took Diamond to the vet to have an enema to get her cleaned out. She has been going #2 but I think it's just coming out because she is full. :(. The vet thinks she is scared but she was definitely scared before. Definitely haven't seen her even attempt to go. I am grateful that she is no longer screaming. I hope she gains 100% control eventually. :)

I think it will probably take her some time. The fact that she isn't screaming is so good to hear. Adorable pic of her and the kitty!! :)

That's great news! Thank you for posting the pictures; she's so adorable!

Jamie.K

You really can not blame her for not wanting to let go since it has been so painful in the past. Hopefully she will realize that she is better now and can use the bathroom again .

Funny how much you appreciate poop when it works right

Kathy

OMG!! Diamond legitimately just pooped!! It's hilarious how excited we both were. She was struggling for a couple hours and just thought will have to take her to the vet tomorrow. Them boom she went. I hope this continues. :)

post-30199-0-95686100-1401687959_thumb.j

Now that is great news. Paws crossed that it does continue and gets easier each time for that sweet thing...

What GREAT NEWS!!! Now, let's see if she can do it AGAIN!!!!!

She is SO DARN CUTE....hoping that this is going to be an ongoing event...

That's what I was waiting to read. YAY! Here's hoping it continues.