Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Diamond Mays - 2y/o, Pomchi With Rectal Abnormalitis and Blockage.

198 posts in this topic

IMOM angels...did you read Melissa's post on how DIFFICULT AND PAINFUL it is for Diamond to go potty?

We have to help...I can't imagine the pain this little girl is in.....she is nearly halfway to her funds.....if we work hard the next couple of days it will be Monday...and if we are close to funds raised Melissa can get a surgery date set...she needs RELIEF NOW.....

OK, now let's get this little girl to AFR! I'd like to do a $50 matching challenge.

How about calling the vet Monday to see when she could be scheduled for surgery? Let's be positive...by putting that out into the universe it will help us finish this fundraising challenge. Heck, Squirrel just got to AFR, so now we can focus on Diamond.

OK, let's get this fundraising finished NOW. ;-)

Edited by Animal Luvr

OK I'll match Sue's 50.00 and match the next 50.00. Can't stand thinking about Diamond hurting anymore. C'mon !! We have to get her fixed up Monday........... "Come Monday, It'll be alright......" ~ Jimmy Buffet

Yay - we have TWO $50 Matching Challenges! Thank you so much Sue and Steve! Okay, let's get this little girl to All Funds Raised and make it 2 for 2 this weekend! Do we have any takers? We need to make sure "it'll be alright" for Diamond. Now's a great time to donate since your donation will be doubled! If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Diamond Mays. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Diamond's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

I might have confused you Jamie. I am going to take Sues money AND match another 50.00 for a total of 100.00 from me. So Sue's match has been fulfilled. Does that make sense ? Just tell me when to send in my 100.00. I hope it's soon !

Oh! Thank you so much Steve! I didn't understand that!

We can't count Sue's Matching Challenge as met until the funds are actually received, so you can send it now!!

Thank you again so much!

Jamie.K

OK Jaime I'm going to send in 50.00 to cover Sues match now and will send in another 50.00 when my match is met. Just let me know. Sorry for the confusion.

Perfect! No worries - I'm easily confused the last 3 or 4 days!

Thank you so much again.

Jamie.K

FUND UPDATE: Diamond has $405 in donations and needs $635 more!

Diamond's $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Diamond has *another* $50 Matching Challenge!

Sue, go ahead and send in those $ - thank you! And, thank you Steve for your Matching Challenge! We're really making progress now! I have no doubt we're going to get poor Diamond to All Funds Raised so she can get the surgery she needs. She's really in a lot of pain - poor thing. With these matching challenges, we're going to be so much closer to our goal. Can you please help Diamond? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Diamond Mays. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Diamond's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Perfect! No worries - I'm easily confused the last 3 or 4 days!

IF you are confused maybe it's only because you've been working so hard...and thank you!

Diane

Thank *you* Diane - you've worked just as hard as I have!

Jamie.K

C'MON ! We need to get this done now, so she can get her chance to live a happy and pain free life. This feels like beyond serious to me. Thanks to all who help and to all that help time after time.

Yes, let's get this done! We have a $50 Matching Challenge on the table - who will be the first to step up and take a bite out of it? I know there's someone that will! Diamond's counting on us!

Thank you all so much!

FUND UPDATE: Diamond has $455 in donations and needs $585 more!

Diamond's $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Janice, our posts crossed! Thank you so much! Steve, send in your Match, and thank you! Okay, I like the way these numbers are going - we're getting there! Let's keep up the momentum and get little Diamond to All Funds Raised. Can you please help Diamond? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

FUND UPDATE: Diamond has $555 in donations and needs $485 more!

Thank you so much Steve! And thank you ALL of you who are donating and helping! We're over halfway there! I know it won't be much longer before all funds are raised and little Diamond can get the surgery she needs. She's in so much pain - poor thing. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

Thank you all so much!

Goodnight from Diamond and thank you all for the donations from today and yesterday. I love when Diamond sleeps and you can tell she is so comfortable without a worry. Goodnight everyone!

post-30199-0-96018700-1397965325_thumb.j

Well Diamond is still struggling. There are times like right now when she tries to go #2 and she just can't. We have a system down that seems to work. I live in an apartment and when I first got her I was trying to train her to still go on grass. So I went to Home Depot and bought sod and I also got 2 giant lids for the big Rubbermaid containers to place the sod in. I also made a doghouse for her out of cardboard box that I sat in her bed. So when I didn't have her leashed to me while walking around my place I had her leashed to her living area. She can go as far as the grass, her food and her bed. And she is smart with good intentions. She never peed in her bed especially for a small dog who doesn't have that natural instinct. But when it came to pooping she was in pain and she would get scared and she would rub back to her safe house AKA the dog house. The poop would fall out on the way or in her bed. I went through 5 beds and blankets and it was a lot of work. My whole place smelled really bad because I would try cleaning them also and it would just hold the smell. So I finally decided no more cloth things. And it worked. I would water the grass also and keep for about 2 weeks before replacing. The sod wouldn't smell so well either and it was always really heavy to get even thought they were like $2 each. Potty pads are really expensive but if came across some at Albertsons. 100 for $20. Then I switched to potty pads. My brothers husky grew out of her cage after she was about 7 months and he have it to me which is really huge for Diamond. So I put the potty pads in there. I also started to buy Diapers because I saw that Diamond wouldn't be able to control herself. Even when she does pee, she can't. If you tell a normal dog no while they are going they stop. Diamond doesn't. I was buying Diapers from Petco which are really expensive. $30 for like 15 maybe. And the dog ones at Walmart are really cheap and you can't reuse because it's like tape on plastic. So I now get the newborn diapers at Walmart. $20 for 100. A big save plus quality velcrow straps. Dog clothing is very expensive even for tiny dogs. So from walmart I bought a pack of newborn onesies for about $7 for 4. They help keep the diapers on. I really like the diapers because it beats a potty pad and diamond doesn't seem to mind either. Plus she knows that she can wander around freely and sleep in my bed. But when she has to poop she screams of course. We will both run to each other I pick her up, rip the diaper off, tuck her onesie into her harness collar and I'll put her in the cage. It always takes around while she hops around trying her hardest. She'll even be in a handstand position because she's trying so hard. And sometimes I'll put her in there and she will try and try then give up. I'll leave her in there for about 30 then decide to take her out. Then as soon as I do she will start screaming again so I put her back. Same thing happens. Can last for hours. So this is what's happening. Right now :/

Melissa, thank you for your patience, love, advocacy, and care giving concerning Diamond. You've gone above and beyond to give her a great life while others would have given up on her. Bless you.

Diane

What a WONDERFUL THING to wake up to this Easter morning...I am just getting ready to go to sunrise services and I can't tell you how happy I am to see what has gone on last night for Diamond.....

What a wonderful thing has happened...and Jamie...thank you for the AMAZING WORK you and all of the IMOM volunteers have put in this last week...it's been a tough, tough week with all the emergencies up for funding...but, IMOM has never let a PIN down and I know that won't happen.....

Now...let's see if we can work really hard today....and Diane, I'm with you...

Melissa, tomorrow morning, call the vet with an update on funding and tell them that you'd like to get surgery scheduled for THIS WEEK.....Once we see what Monday morning brings we'll have a feel on what is needed and what we have to do...

I know you said that you were going to apply to Red Rover...and others, if you did...here is the telephone # for Red Rover...come Monday morning...after you call the vet, call Red Rover and tell them how much money you have and what you need and see if they can make a contribution to the surgery.....it can't hurt....and it just might get you some funds...tell them that you have sent in paperwork and are checking in on the status of it.

Red Rover 916-429-2457

I can feel the energy here this morning...let's keep it going today.....

A dog is a man's best friend, and Diamonds are a girl's bestfriend. So I decided to name my dog Diamond. She is more than just a friend, she is my daughter and my everything. :)