Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Diamond Mays - 2y/o, Pomchi With Rectal Abnormalitis and Blockage.

198 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Rectovaginal fistula and atresia (blockage and feces are being rerouted)

Treatment: Surgery

Low end of estimate: $1627

Owner contribution: $627 (owner has already spent $100)

Needed for low end of the estimate: $1000

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $40

Our fund raising goal: $1040

Spayed/Neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Jamie K.

Diamond is at All Funds Raised!! Donations no longer needed.

post-9302-0-54633000-1397753320_thumb.jp

Diamond is a 2y/o, female Pomchi with rectal abnormalities and blockage. So far Diamond had been given stool softeners, but surgery is needed to correct this problem. This poor little pup really needs our help. He is really sick and is in a lot of pain.

Diamond’s mom, who has had her almost since birth had this to say: "I amost gave up hope until I found out about such great foundations such as IMOM. It has been a really hard road taking care of my dog Diamond since day one. Besides her natural genetic trait of being terrified of everything and everyone, she was never afraid of me. So I knew that I would be the only one she was comfortable with. Every time she tried to pass a bowel movement she is in so much pain she screams which is equivalent to giving birth. It’s unbearable to watch everyday. Please help.”

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Diamond Mays. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Diamond’s name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

OMG, welcome to IMOM...

Since you have your IMOM paperwork together I would apply to other groups that might have funding also to help you.

Red Rover (formerly United Animal Nation)

go to

www.redrover.org

click on Red Rover Relief

to find their paperwork - here is their email: info@redrover.org

and telephone # - 916-429-2457

I had a little trouble getting to their site so keep trying if you have a problem...OR if it stays that way it's the perfect reason to call them...

I did finally manage to get the right link for you to just click on for the financial aid for Red Rover, here it is

http://www.redrover.org/node/1198

I would get the paperwork right into them and then call and ask if they can donate ANY AMOUNT TO HELP...

Poor pup...I can't believe how much pain he is in...

Edited by Judy

Let's get this going! $50 matching challenge! C'mon folks spread the word and take my money!

--Jaz

I'm puzzled. This condition is present at birth and diagnosed when pups are only a few months old. How can Diamond have gotten to 2 years old with it?

I don't know a thing about this problem but I can't imagine the pain this baby is having...AND it's Thursday...

Yay - a $50 Matching Challenge! What a great way to start out fundraising for poor Diamond. Thank you so much Jaz! Do we have any takers? Poor Diamond is really suffering, and we need to get the funds raised so she can get fixed up and feel better. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Diamond Mays. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Diamond's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

FYI: Diamond's Mom is having trouble logging onto the forum, but she's trying hard and will be here as soon as she can!

Jamie.K

Hi IMOM

Is there anyone who can get this posted to Facebook?

I am waiting to hear from my dog friend so I can send him an email to forward to his doggie network.

Hope that Diamond gets help very soon

Kathy

Hi IMOM

Is there anyone who can get this posted to Facebook?

I am waiting to hear from my dog friend so I can send him an email to forward to his doggie network.

Hope that Diamond gets help very soon

Kathy

Kathy, IMOM has a Facebook page, and we post any Pet in Need we're fundraising for to our FB page regularly. We also post on Twitter. Good idea, though. This is IMOM's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/imom.org

Thank you so much for forwarding Diamond to your doggie friend and for *everything* you do to help IMOM's PINs. :)

Jamie.K

Jamie I just Checked face book diamond is in the photo gallery but NOT as a pet in need of fund raising IMOM is so busy right now thought l could help out.

Judy, thanks. I posted Diamond a couple of hours ago when I posted her forum topic. Facebook doesn't always put things in order, I have learned. I'll post her again right now, though to be sure she is seen again. Here is the link to when I posted earlier:

Thanks for your help!

Jamie.K

And, Judy, keep me on my toes! You're right that IMOM is really busy right now!! :)

Thanks again!

Jamie.K

Awww...poor little Diamond! And looks like we have a Pomeranian / Chihuahua here. Oh I am a sucker for those Pomeranians whether full or mixed! Hopefully, mom can get on the forum here soon and update everyone on her condition and more about this problem as I have never heard of this but sure sounds awfully painful! I will be checking in later. And this goal is very doable so the poor girl can poop happy! Nobody or no animal should suffer like that! Ick! Be back soon!

Hope, Angel Kitty Kitty and My Angels Here and Beyond

I have not heard from my friend yet - this is his busy time-

I will be passing by his house on my kitty feeding rounds so I will leave him a BIG NOTE so he can pass along Diamond's story for help

I hope MOM can figure things out and post soon

Kathy

IMOM angels...we don't want Diamond lost in the shuffle here on the forum...it seems that IMOM has had many PINs in need in the last couple of days and now we have another little one that needs help.

Her Momma is having trouble getting into the forum...but we can understand that...she is worried and stressed over her girl...and is having trouble figuring out how to post...

I think the best thing we can do right now is to make her welcome...I hope there will be some posts here to do just that when she does figure out how to post.....

this little girl needs help going potty.....can you imagine??? I can't...

Thank you all for your responses. Thank you Jamie for covering for the login issues. I had to create a new login because my original one would not activate. I've been trying to respond to everyone's post individually but then it said it was too long. Thank you Judy for Red Rovers contact information. I will definitely contact them immediately. And Michele, the vet was so amazed with Diamond's condition and how she was still alive. She said whatever system I've been using has worked. But I know poor Diamond can't take much longer. She's been in pain all of her life. I try to mix solo softener a such as pumpkin, psyllium husk seed, or other fibers with her food. There's just no medium balance for her. Gets wayyy too soft. I keep her in diapers because she can't control it and I had to give up on potty training. Her screams are getting louder and louder and it worries me. I'm really glad I was directed to Imom, but my only regret is not fusing out sooner. Thank you to all of you for caring. I appreciate and I know Diamond definitely does as well. :)

Angels - I know it's a busy time at IMOM, but let's help Diamond and relieve the pain she's in. We need to get started raising these funds for her. We need to raise $1040. I know we are asking a lot of the Angels now, but the Pets need our help now. Let's rally together to make sure we can save those in need.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Diamond Mays. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Diamond’s name when making your donation.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

FUND UPDATE - Diamond has $100 in donations and needs $940 more!

Diamond's Matching Challenge has been met!

Jaz, feel free to send in your match! Thank you, and thank you Angels for your donations so far! I know poor Tucker will be happy. Little Diamond is in a lot of pain, and we need to get her fixed up. I can't imagine how she's feeling right now. Like Dawn said, it's a busy time at IMOM, but this poor pup needs our help. Can you please help? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Diamond Mays. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Diamond's name when making your donation.

Thank you all for caring so much and working so hard to help little Diamond.

C'mon angels! I know it's almost Easter, but dig in your pockets for 5 or 10 to get diamond on the way to feeling okay!

I've just sent in the matching challenge since I'm out of town this weekend. Here's hoping when I check back in on Monday afternoon that little Diamond has dancing bananas!

Well, it's almost time for "normal" people to be waking up to a new day. How about we give Diamond another new day, too?

I know it's a busy weekend, but the need doesn't stop just because it's a holiday.

Please angels, take just a few minutes to make your ever important donation to help this pup. Thank you.

Diane

P.S.: Are there any matching challenges out there??? C'mon, don't be shy, step right up! ;-)

FUND UPDATE - Diamond has $150 in donations and needs $890 more!

Diane is so right. Just because it's a holiday weekend doesn't mean Diamond's pain stops. It's been crazy busy at IMOM lately, but can you please consider a donation to this little one?

Donations of any size add up. Share about Diamond. Get friends and family you see over the holiday weekend to donate - even a dollar or two. Each and every donation is so appreciated.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation, or you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Diamond’s name when making your donation.

Huge thanks to all that make it possible to help the Pets in Need.

Diamond still has $150 in donations and needs $890 more!

I know it's a holiday weekend, and IMOM has been so busy with Pets in Need lately and you've all stretched your dollars already, but I hope some of you can stretch them a little more. Poor Diamond needs help. If you're unable to donate, can you please share?

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation, or you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Diamond’s name when making your donation.

Thank you so much for all of your support - you all are so amazing and caring.