Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
sdurlak

Lovie is on the way to recovery

1 post in this topic

I can not praise or thank IMOM and the Angles that came to Lovie's rescue enough. She had her surgery on April 5th, which we were able to schedule within three days after her case was opened. It would have been two, however, I couldn't make the appt. on Sunday for her.

It was a very extensive and long surgery. A complete radical mastectomy. But if it weren't for IMOM and the outpouring of love and support she could have never had the surgery with my very limited income on disability.

My vet was very happy to work with IMOM never having done so before and was just as greatful as I was to be able to get her on her way to good health! Lovie ended up staying in the hospital for 5 days afterwards because she wouldn't eat or use her back legs. We are certain the legs had a lot to do with her pain.

After our follow-up yesterday, she of course could not get her stiches removed. She is such a large dog (Saint Bernard) that when she lays down, she keep spreading her incision areas and oozing. BUT we are keeping a close eye on her.

Thank you so very much to IMOM and her Angels!!! Without all of you... Lovie wouldn't have had her surgery and be on her road to recovery. It saddens me horribly to think what the other alternative would have been. BUT we don't have to anymore. And are so happy that her tumors are all benign.!!!

Lovie and Sheryl

post-29517-0-36094100-1397746021_thumb.j