Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Bambi Warrington - 5-year-old Chihuahua with Pyometra

226 posts in this topic

FUND UPDATE: Bambi has $1360 in donations and needs $760 more.

Bambi's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Elwen, Taco, and Stanley, send in your Match! Thank you so much, and thank you Angels for your donations, help, and support! Now Elwen can be assured of continuing puppy kisses and snuggles. And we're so much closer to our goal so Bambi will be able to have her surgery. We still have some work to do - please can you help little Bambi? Donations of all sizes will add up to get her the help she needs. Also, please remember to SHARE on all your social media sites so we can get the word out.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Bambi Warrington. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Bambi's name when making your donation.

Thank your for helping and supporting little Bambi.

Just sent in the matching funds.

Yay! I still get puppy kisses and snuggles! Taco and Stanley will be so pleased when I tell them they have helped a fellow Chihuahua get better. They love hearing that!

Edited by Elwen

Hi everyone,

I am overwhelmed by your support, and so is Aidan. We are supposed to go get Bambi at the overnight hospital, CVS and then take her back to her regular vet's office. I called to ask how she's doing this morning before we come to get her. The Dr. told me that she didn't have any further seizures throughout the night, but that they haven't seen any neurological changes. So I think that means she hasn't really improved overnight either.

My heart is sad, I was hoping that she would have made some more improvement by this morning. I think I need to talk to Dr. Brennan more and find out what she thinks about her situation.

Much love to everyone,

Shalyn, Aidan, and Bambi

I hope Bambi feels better soon. She is surrounded by love and IMOM Angels. I know the Bridge Kid Brigade is watching over her as well.

Sending lots of white light and healing purrs from the Magical Beach Kitties

Kathy

Sent what I could. I am dealing with a sick kitty myself and need all the funds I can get. Yet my small donation could be made up with the change in my car. Pyometra is what they think Squirrel (my kitty..lol) has, so this hit very close to home.

Good luck to you and your pup!

Wondering how Bambi is doing and what the doctor thought should be the next step in her treatment? Do they want to find out what is causing the seizures first before doing surgery? Maybe one possibility is that if Bambi is sleepy, anti-seizure medications do cause drowsiness. When I first put mine on the medicine, he was tired and looked like he could just fall over but he has been on them now for quite sometime and has adjusted but still at times seems more tired than usual.

I believe Bambi needs that surgery sooner than later, if she did not have any neurological issues

In the past it makes me wonder if the problem

has to do with her current condition.

Bambi has $1465 in donations and needs $655 more!

We are over half-way there to saving Bambi's life! Thank you Angels for your donations thus far!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Bambi Warrington. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Bambi's name when making your donation.

Bambi and her family will be so very, very grateful!

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

Checking in again! Any word on anything? Vet news? Bambi news? Would love to see some more pictures of your little gal if you have any! I just can't imagine a little 2.5 pounder! :)

Bambi has been moved from the overnight vet to her regular vet, and she and her Mom are there now. The doctor is examining her and will contact IMOM when they determine what additional treatment is needed. I sure hope little Bambi will be okay.

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Thanks Jamie! Been thinking about her and what the next plan of attack is going to be. Sure hope some good news is shared. The thread has been kind of quiet and hope she has some time for a short update and some cute little pictures of small little 2.5 pounder!

Yes, we still need $655, and actually it's going to be more, because Bambi needs further treatment/hospitalization. I was just about to post an update.

Bambi did not improve overnight, and the vets conferred and are trying to get to the bottom of what's causing the neuro problems. They want to do bloodwork which has not been done, additional hospitalization and IV fluids, and test for Cushings which they say could be a cause of her symptoms. We'll see later on today if she can go home or not. They're in California, so it's still fairly early there.

I'm going to post the new numbers in a minute.

Thanks, this poor little girl is going through so much.

Jamie.K

Okay, the new numbers have been posted on page 1.

Thanks,

Jamie.K

Thanks for the update... Lets picture this little one running and happy, this will bring positive energy to her.. :Angel15:

On a good note Nikki, Twinkles, Peanut and Quincy made another donation tonight of $75.00 making a grand total of $125.00. :whitekitty::spot

Who will match this before noon tomorrow? $125 !

Come on folks.........

As Jerry McGuire would say...""SHOW ME THE MONEY"

FUND UPDATE: Bambi has $1540 in donations and needs $1329 more.

I'm so worried about little Bambi. We can't give up on her - she needs a chance at a happy and healthy life. We need to make sure she has this chance. I know this is a lot to raise, but we can do this.

Remember that all donations of any size add up. Share Bambi's story with everyone you know. A few dollars from everyone who reads Bambi's thread could get her to all funds raised.

If you can donate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd; note for Bambi Warrington. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for Bambi.

Thank you for your caring and support of this little girl.

:animcndc_sm: A PRAYER FOR BAMBI: (Taken from the book "Pet Prayers & Blessing; Ceremonies & Celebrations to Share With he Animals You Love" by Laurie Sue Brockway & Victor Furman).

Father-Mother God, Great Spirit, we come to you with bowed heads, in humility and with open hearts, as we pray that you grant the boon of healing to our beloved Bambi Warrington.

In our boundless wisdom, you brought Bambi Warrington into our lives. We now pray for your mercy and compassion and ask that Bambi Warrington be restored to full health and vitality.

In gratitude for al your gifts and blessings, we say Amen. And so it is!

:animcnda_lg:

Thank you ChiLover - we needed a prayer for little Bambi right now.

My Chihuahuas, Maggie and Reno, heard about Taco and Stanley's little blackmail scheme and decided to try it out on me. No hugs or kisses until I do a matching challenge. Or until it's time for bedtime treats, whichever comes first! So I'm giving in and will match the next $100.

Janice G.

Do my eyes deceive me? Are there two matching challenges? One from ChiLover and another from Janice G?

Bambi has 2 Matching Challenges - one for $125 and one for $100!

Woo hoo! Thank you so much Janice, Maggie, and Reno! And thank you ChiLover, Twinkles, Peanut and Quincy! All the little Chis are ganging up on their Moms! We can't have anybody missing out on puppy hugs and kisses! Who will be the first to take a bite out of their Matching Challenges? I know the total needed has gone up a couple of times and we have a lot to raise, but we've gotten Bambi this far, and I know we can do this for this tiny little pup. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you all for caring so much and working so hard to help tiny little Bambi.

There have been almost 1400 views! c'mon everyone! If everyone who viewed could have donated just $2, we'd having dancing bananas! In one month I will get my first full paycheck in 1.5 years. I will pledge $100 of it to the general fund if folks can pony up some cash now! It's a lot of money to raise for this little one, but the angels have pulled out miracles before. Two matching challenges, and if there are dancing bananas by the time I get back on Monday, in just 30 days, I'll give $100 to the general fund in Bambi's name!

Squirrel and I have been following this post. I really hope everything turns out ok. This might not be the forum to say such a thing, but sometimes I wish God would let me or anyone else who wanted to do so, take the pain and suffering on myself to spare our best friends.

I will pledge $100 of it to the general fund if folks can pony up some cash now!

That's so awesome of you. I would love to donate a little more, but even my original donation was something I had to plan around as I am in a similar situation with my own love-bug. I've been following this post so if anything changes for me (for better or worse) which would allow me to donate more I will absolutely do so.