Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Bambi Warrington - 5-year-old Chihuahua with Pyometra

226 posts in this topic

I'm so flustered right now, I don't know whether I updated or not about the last vet conversation.

She said that she slept for 2 1/2 hours and seemed to sleep like a normal dog. Then she woke up, and she's still having dizziness, and some "paddling" and turning her head because she's trying to balance herself. She can stand up a little, but is obviously dizzy when she does. The vet said she had improved a little, since 1 p.m. or so when I talked to her then. While we were on the phone, she started vocalizing again, which is what I mentioned, as "squeaking", she's so tiny that her little noises sound like squeaks. She said the vocalizing could be from a number of things, sometimes they don't realize they are doing it, she could be upset because she's confused and doesn't know what's happening to her.

Those just upset my son beyond anything, because there's nothing he can do to help her get comfortable.

My son used to have a "cookie monster" family, Mommy, Daddy, and Baby Cookie. Mommy Cookie went everywhere with him. He would not fall asleep without her, and always had to have them together nearby. He would rub her hand along his top lip whenever he needed to soothe himself and always in order to fall asleep. When my mom died, he would play "Cookie Monster Family", and act things out more often with the cookie monsters. They always had to be close by. Then when Bambi came along, he gradually stopped having to have Mommy Cookie everywhere he went, and left her at home with the family. He no longer had to have Mommy Cookie on the bed with him in order to sleep, because he had Bambi. The first thing he always does when he gets home is run into his room looking for Bambi, and burrow his face into her face for a while and cuddle on the bed. He has just been completely heart broken that she isn't there cuddled into her blankie for him to check on so often.

I am just hoping, hoping, hoping that there is some way that Bambi can come out of this.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

I am so happy to see that Bambi was approved for fundraising. Am I correct that as of right now we need to still raise $970?? Hang in there Shalyn, Aidan and Bambi. I know myself and others are sending lots of prayers your way. I am so glad that she is responding even if it is not as quickly as we'd like. I know sudden seizures can also be related to immediate heart issues. This is what happened to my dog in 2008. Other fur parents have had this same issue as well. I am sure though the vet has covered all his bases including that.

Evbari,

Thank you, I am crying right now, I am so grateful to all of you for helping us.

I appreciate so much that you mentioned it could be heart issues as well, because they said that Bambi has a heart murmur that I didn't know about before. They didn't seem to think it was connected to this at this time, so I'm very glad you mentioned it, or I would never have thought they could be connected.

I wonder if her heart could have more to do with it, more than a brain or neurological lesion?

Did your doggy come out of the heart problem in 2008?

Thank you for the prayers, I know they help, and we appreciate them.

Shalyn, Aidan and Bambi

Yes, Evbari, you're correct: we still need to raise $970.

Poor little Bambi is going through so much, and her Mom and Aidan are both sick, have had very little sleep, and are so worried about their little girl. And, her vet doesn't have overnight monitoring, so Bambi's Mom is trying to figure out what to do about that. Hopefully when Bambi's Mom talks to her vet in a few minutes, her vet will have a solution for her.

Thank you so much Angels for your donations, help, and support so far. You literally saved Bambi's life today, and I know how much Bambi's Mom and her son appreciate it. And, I am so thankful and fortunate to be a part of this unbelievably caring group.

If you are able to help with a donation, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Bambi Warrington. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Bambi's name when making your donation.

Thank you all.

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I want the best for your little one. There is hope, know that!!! My boy always had seizures at rest or when waking up and cried out. I totally understand. He is still here. :) Lets see what we can do. Your girl has a couple things to deal with but not undoableable. Sorry about your boy too.

I am sending prayers that this little girl is going to stabilize...she seems like such a fighter...

She also has a band of angels watching over her...the people here at IMOM understand and care...I am so glad that we can be here for you and Aiden...I think it's such a help for you both to know that you are not alone and we understand...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for you all...especially that little girl who is trying so hard to overcome her problems.

My pom has a heart murmur too. I have four and 20 kitties. three out of four of my poms have them (heart murmurs) Not a death sentence. Know that! It sucks when things can all be so related and you don't know. Lets get this baby to AFR.!! My heart is hurting like you and like all of the Angesl here and IMOM.

My dog Babe was in heart failure when she had her first seizure. We rushed her to the ER and unfortunately it was caught too late. I do want to mention though that my other dog Rico has a heart murmur as well as your little one and sufferd from seizures when he was 10 (the heart murmur was diagnosed close to the same time). He is now 16 years old (will be 17 this October). He is on medication for both. Maybe you should mention this to the doctor because this might help. I only found out after my dog passed the link between the heart and seizures. Please tell your son, so many people are pulling for you all. I hope that gives him some comfort. If I could hug you all right now, I would!! Thank you Jamie for letting us know how much more we still need to raise. After I put my daughter down for a nap, I will send a donation in. In memory of Frisky Olive. Her journey was a peaceful one (her wonderful mom AJ was by her side) and she is now with Magic on the Other Side, watching over all the little ones including Bambi :heart:

Rosalee

Edited by Evbari

My god, you are all so wonderful! Thank you, you make me feel so much better just when I thought there was no hope. I am so sorry, Evbari, that it was too late for Babe. It is soooo encouraging about Rico. I thank you for that and I will mention it to the Dr.

Hope and Angel, thank you for telling me about your poms having heart murmurs.

Thank you Judy, for your thoughts and prayers and caring, and time.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to read about us and Bambi and care about us, you have really touched us and helped us.

We are supposed to be at the vet's office at 5:30 p.m., she told me that Bambi ate a little and is improving little by little. We need to go there and take her to the other clinic nearby CVS, if it can be worked out so that they can monitor her overnight. I'll be able to post more later, and thank you more individually. I don't meant to forget anyone, I have read every post and appreciate all of the information and love and caring you have shown me, that you have shown to your animals as well. They are just so precious and irreplaceable, and such sweet spirits sometimes I think they are really angels in animal form.

We are going to go now, I will be back on later and update again,

Much love to everyone,

Shalyn, Aidan and Bambi

Okay,

In honor of my 3 Chihuahua's (Nikki, Twinkles & Peanut) we have donated $50. The "girls" would like for some kind angel out there to match this $50!!! Any takers?????

Come on folks, this cutie needs our help!

FUND UPDATE: Bambi has $1200 in donations and needs $920 more.

Thank you so much ChiLover, Nikki, Twinkles & Peanut! Okay, who will take on ChiLover and her Chi babies' challenge? Do we have an Angel out there who will? We still have some work to do - we still need to raise the remaining funds for Bambi's pyo surgery. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Bambi Warrington. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Bambi's name when making your donation.

Thank you all for caring so much and working so hard to help tiny little Bambi.

Prayers and healing light are going to you and your family tonight...especially your baby Bambi.

Hugs and blessings...

Diane

Edited by Animal Luvr

Just want to give you an update: Bambi's vet spoke with a 24-hour-vet who agreed to work with IMOM. Bambi's treatment so far today turned out to be $575.50, which was considerably less than what was on the estimate for seizure stabilization/12 hours of hospitalization. So, we're able to cover Bambi's overnight stay at the emergency facility. Tomorrow morning, they will see how Bambi is doing and if she is stable enough to go home. Her vet did say that Bambi is slowly improving - her symptoms have not resolved but have improved. No more seizures since this morning. Still has some vestibular signs (tilting her head, feels like she's falling) - they're not resolved but have improved. Her alertness is not normal but is better. She's a little more responsive but doesn't focus all the time. She seems to come in and out - sometimes is aware and sometimes almost seems to fade off and fall asleep while you're talking to her. But the good news is that all of these things are improving.

Bambi's Mom hasn't been home to post an update; she was at her vet and is transferring Bambi to the overnight facility, so I wanted to give you an update.

Thank you all for making it possible for little Bambi to come as far as she has.

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Thank you for the update...and thank you to the vets and staff members who have, and will, be taking care of Bambi.

Thank you so much Jamie K. It's so good to know she is in excellent hands. :heart:

Edited by Evbari

Oh, I know; it definitely *is* good to know she's in good hands. I've been on the phone quite a bit today with the staff and doctors at both vets, and they all are amazing and are doing everything they can to make sure Bambi gets what she needs.

Hopefully, Bambi will be stable enough to go home tomorrow. If not, she'll be moved back over to her regular vet.

Thank you all again so much for helping this little tiny baby.

Jamie.K

Sending all the healing and positive energy I can muster for Little Bambi. Angels you never cease to amaze with your gentle, kind words though often a reality that needs to be be put out there. And how eloquently you are able to help in calming down Bambi's mom. You all rock this world of fur babies!!!

Sheryl

Jamie,

Than you for the update! I have been waiting for an update so I could turn off the lights and go to sleep. I am so happy to hear Bambi is improving; will continue to pray for her.

You folks are amazing!!! Angels in disguise; you move mountains & make things happen!!!

Folks.....let's keep those donations coming in. This family needs us!!!!!

Still waiting to hear that someone has matched my girls $50 donation.

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :Angel15:

We just got home from moving Bambi to CVS. She was very out of it, but she seemed to realize she was in Aidan's arms on the way and looked happy in her sleepy/drugged state.

Jamie, everyone at the BOTH vet's offices told me they thought YOU are amazing, including Dr. Brennan. I think you are amazing as well and so you are officially AMAZING!! You have gone so far above and beyond in your efforts, time, and everything to help us, we will forever be in your debt. This will be the first time that Aidan has really slept since our crisis with Bambi started; because of that, he fell asleep the minute he got into bed and is now peacefully sleeping. The stress and anxiety caused him a lot of stomach trouble today on top of his virus that he's fighting, so it is a blessing to see him peacefully sleeping. I hope he will feel a lot better in the morning because of getting some less anxious sleep, knowing Bambi is in excellent hands.

I want to thank everyone individually that has helped as soon as I can, and I will. I hope you can bear with me a little longer and forgive me if I put it off a little longer until I catch up on some much needed sleep, because the bed is looking awfully good right now after being able to know Bambi is in such good hands and has been since this morning's terror.

You are all the most wonderful people in the world, much love and thanks to everyone, and thanks for what you told us about your precious fur friends, it gives us more hope to know that some of them pulled through incredible odds!

Thank you again!

Shalyn, Aidan and Bambi

Holy cow, how in the world did I miss a matching challenge??? ChiLover, I am happy to take some of your money! Off to PayPal I go!

Diane

FUND UPDATE: Bambi has $1250 in donations and needs $870 more.

Bambi had a very rough day yesterday. It's hard to tell what today will bring for this little munchkin, but we can rally and be here to help. PLEASE consider a donation for Bambi. Donations of all sizes will add up to get her the help she needs. Also, please remember to SHARE on all your social media sites so we can get the word out.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Bambi Warrington. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Bambi's name when making your donation.

Thank your for helping and supporting little Bambi.

This morning Taco and Stanley was reading this thread over my shoulder. They said "Mommy, please make a matching challenge for us for Bambi." I told them we had already made our budgeted donation limit for this month, but they would not listen and kept pestering me. They even threatened to stop their puppy kisses and snuggles! So, in order to make sure that I keep getting puppy kisses and snuggles, I will make a $100 matching challenge. Please help me by taking some of my challenge so I keep getting those kisses and snuggles. :)

Oh my gosh, a $100 Matching Challenge! Thank you so much Elwen, Stanley, and Taco! Okay, folks - you heard Elwen. We have to make sure that she continues to receive puppy kisses and snuggles - two of the basic essentials necessary in life! Who will be the first to take part of Elwen's and her babies' money? We still have a little ways to go to raise what's needed for Bambi's pyo surgery, and this challenge will make a pretty good dent in what's needed.

FUND UPDATE: Bambi has $1300 in donations and needs $820 more.

$50 of Bambi's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you so much Angels! $50 down and $50 to go, and then Elwen and her little pups can send in their match! Let's see how far we can get this morning before Bambi's Mom comes on the forum. Hopefully when she comes on, she'll give us a positive update on Bambi's progress overnight. Can you please help this tiny 2.5-pound baby? Donations of all sizes will add up to get her the help she needs especially now when your donation is doubled. Also, please remember to SHARE on all your social media sites so we can get the word out.