Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Remeo Justus – Chihuahua Pup with Parvo

99 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Parvovirus

Treatment: Continued hospitalization

Low end of estimate: $1380 (includes $165 for neuter)

Owner contribution: $73

Needed for low end of the estimate: $1307

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $53

Our fund raising goal: $1360

Spayed/Neutered: No – will be later when medically safe

Caseworker: Dawn

post-9479-0-70618100-1397601120_thumb.jp

Remeo is at ALL FUNDS RAISED.

Remeo Justus is a 9 month old Chihuahua pup with parvovirus. He is on an IV catheter, fluids, antibiotic, anti-nausea meds, and is hospitalized in isolation. His mom found the funds available to keep him in care until this evening (Tuesday 4/15). However, after this evening, Romeo will have to be euthanized or released (the vet says if he is released, he won’t make it). The vet anticipates treatment will still be needed for Tues evening, Wedesday, and Thursday before Romeo can be safely released to go home. If necessary, we can raise the funds one day at a time and then the final $165 for the neutering.

Here’s what Remeo’s mom has to say about him: “My baby remeo is special because when he was about 6 weeks old some people that was on drugs left him never showed him love and somehow was in the woods beside my sisters house and it was in the fall it was cold and my sisters chihuahua found him in the leaves and wouldn't quit barking till my sister came out and saw him and then she brought him to me and he has been a pleasure to have in our lives.”

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Remeo Justus. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Remeo’s name when making your donation.

Thank you for your support!

post-9479-0-69917000-1397576434_thumb.jp

Edited by Dawn IMOM

What a cute boy!! Let's get this started with a $50 challenge!

Angels -

By my calculations, after taking out the cost of neuter, the owner's contribution, and splitting the remainder 3 ways, we need to raise $381 by the end of the day today in order for Remeo to remain hospitalized. PLEASE help this little boy.

A MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $50 will help us get this fund raising off to a strong start!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Remeo Justus. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Remeo’s name when making your donation.

To honor Frisky Olive's journey today I have sent in $331 - with the match that will close out what is needed today to keep this sweet boy where he needs to be. I will be out of touch until mid next week so leave the rest of this in the very capable hands of the Angels on this site. Betsy

OH MY!!! Angels you are WONDERFUL!!!

FUND UPDATE: Remeo has $391 in donations and needs $961 more! The Matching Challenge has been met!

I will be calling the vet soon to let them know our total - now let's start working on the remainder. The vet said that little Remeo is so weak he can't even eat on his own right now. Let's get this wee one the help he needs to be all better.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

OMG, tears are falling as I think of you wonderful angels that have done this in honor of Frisky Olive...I know that her Momma is going to be so proud that Frisky touched so many hearts while she was here at IMOM...

Alright, let's see if we can't make some headway on day 2 as well. On behalf of my Chihuahuas, I'll match the next $50.

Janice G

What a precious little soul we have here! Let us get this little baby feeling better! He has so much love yet to give and memories to create! I as well, on behalf of Frisky Olive and Frisky Olive's mumma, will donate in honor of their last journey together in this physical world. And also to help in making sure this baby stays where he needs to belong right now!

Hope and Her Angels (Here and Beyond)

WOO HOO!!! Another Matching Challenge for the next $50

FUND UPDATE: Remeo has $416 in donations and needs $944 more!

I just got off the phone with the vet's office. We are now working on day 2!

Heading out for a while. Since I KNOW somebody's going to take my money, I'll just send it in before I go.

Janice G.

FUND UPDATE: Remeo has $491 in donations and needs $869 more! The Matching Challenge has been met!

I am so happy for the support for little Remeo. Let's keep this momentum going!

Remeo's mom is trying to figure out the forum. Let's give her a HUGE smile when she gets here!

Thanks everyone I need my little boy better . People say they need us but we need them just as much . Pls help me get my little man better pls I need him :pp_animal_564:

You found a GREAT PLACE here at IMOM.

Can you tell us some stories about your boy? Does he have a favorite toy? What is his favorite thing to do...does he like car rides?

I know it might be hard to talk to strangers, but open your heart...we are here to listen and help...and POST all the time, the angels are reading and they don't always write...so...EVERY CHANCE you get post...tell us all about you, your family and your boy...

we want to help and we want to love him like you do...AND we understand and care...truly...

Hi Remeo's Mom!

Do not fret! Your boy will get the help he needs! This is the most magical place to be! Tell us some stories about your little buddy! The Angels here love stories! Have you spoke to the vet? Sounds like he is in a bad way right now and I am sure you are worried but never give up hope!

Yes he has a yellow bear he loves . And he loves riding in the car .I love him so much an miss him as much . He sleeps with his head to mine so he can dream the same I do I love him so much

Thank you so much Angels! I'm so glad to see Day 1 is covered! Now let's see how far we can get on Day 2 this afternoon. Remeo needs $869 more. Can you please help Remeo? He's so precious and so tiny - he weighs just a little bit over 8 pounds which is almost half of what a couple of my kitties weigh! Reading Remeo's Mom's last post is making me cry. She and Remeo love each so much; you can tell. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Remeo Justus. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Remeo's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Okay, my two Chihuahuas (Taco and Stanely) has pressured me into issuing a matching challenge. They told me they want to do $50 each so that's a total of $100 from the two little brats. On behalf of Taco and Stanley I issue a $100 matching challenge. Someone take my money so my furkids will leave me alone. Please!

Okay, you heard it folks - a $100 Matching Challenge! Taco and Stanley want to help! Thank you so much! Elwen isn't going to get a minute's peace until we raise the next $100. Any takers? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Remeo Justus. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Remeo's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I never thought I could love a pet so much . But rite now I feel so alone . He is so apart of me . Thanks every one for trying