Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kris IMOM

Pablo Morris - Siamese with absessed tooth

21 posts in this topic

Pablo is a 15-year old Siamese with an abscessed tooth. Pablo's owner is working with the vet to get the soonest appointment to get the tooth removed.

Thanks to the generosity of our community members, who make contributions to our general fund, IMOM was able to pledge $304to help with Pablo's lifesaving surgery.

post-12009-0-11193800-1397528554_thumb.j

Here is what Pablo's mom had to say about Pablo.

He has been my companion animal for 15 years and is now in need of some dental abscess treatment. He is currently unable to eat and is drooling saliva and pus all down the front of his beautiful Siamese coat. He is incredibly uncomfortable and I will have to euthanize him if I cannot get him treated. I am a single disabled mother who is trying to go to school. My children will be heartbroken if he goes over the rainbow bridge!

The support to our general fund ensures IMOM can assist with emergencies like this.

To make a donation, please go to http://www.imom.org/donation/index.htm and scroll down to General Fund, and thank you.

Edited by Kris IMOM

Pablo has started eating on his own since he got his antibiotic shot. His appointment is this Friday. He is starting to look and smell much better!

I am SO HAPPY to hear that Pablo is on antibiotics now which will help him until he gets to the vet on Friday...

Nice to hear that things are better for Pablo...keep us posted on how this handsome guy is doing.

Pablo is doing ok today. He is still eating and is playing with his catnip toy. He is sneezing quite a bit. Counting down until Friday's treatment!

Pablo is proudly wearing his new kitty collar and name tag my sister so kindly got him today! It's like he knows he is getting help on Friday. He keeps rolling his head in my hand for some lovins. Thanks for all you do at imom!

So I took Pablo to the vet for his surgery at 7 AM today! He walked right in the carrier like he knew today was the day he gets the help he needs! I will update you all when he comes out of surgery.

So Pablo is recovering from anesthesia well. Unfortunately there were two teeth that were abscessed and while they were removing the second one, Pablo's jaw fractured. So he's going to have a wire holding his jaw together until his jaw heals but the vet expects it to heal up just fine. They are going to watch Pablo for about 2 hours then I go pick him up. I'm going to have to get him some soft food. But it seems he will get better thank goodness!

Pablo is home resting peacefully. The vet gave us pain medicine for 5 days. He has a wire around his bottom jaw holding the fracture together. Hoping for an uneventful recovery!

It's so nice that Pablo is doing well. I wish the very best for him...a speedy, pain free, full, quick recovery!

Diane

Pablo is recovering well. He takes two different pain meds for his broken jaw per day. One is like ibuprofen and is taken once per day. The second I'm not sure what it's like but it is taken twice per day. He is acting better and constantly needing love and reassurance. He is back on hard cat food. He is getting better! No more drooling or sneezing!

Pablo is doing great today! No more pain meds and he's eating hard food without them! He's being very lovey and cuddly. I believe he is thankful the pain is going away and thankful for those who helped it to go away. Thank you!

Carissa Morris

Pablo was feeling well enough yesterday to steal the turkey from my turkey sandwich when I left it unattended lol. I guess it's all fair game when I leave it all alone on the couch! He's doing so much better and the awful smell is gone!

I am so happy that Pablo is doing so well. Unattended food is always fair game. My friend has a cat that is very good at intercepting sandwiches between the plate and your mouth. As soon as she captures your sandwich, she is off to eat it and fend off any attempt to retrieve it

Kathy