Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Laura IMOM

Snoball Williams - needs leg amputation!

86 posts in this topic

AAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (screaming and jumping for joy and lots of tears over here) Woo woo!!!! I have no words......you guys are awesome!!!

Thank you Betsy and Kay....thank you to all of the wonderful angels who understand and were so giving

to help us out!!! I am soooo very amazed at the support from people who truly care about our fur babies!! I will definitely be giving back anytime I can!!

A special thank you to Jamie K-caseworker and Laura B-case worker......and all of you who volunteer your precious time to the fur babies.

Snoball is scheduled for Thursday 7 am our time (AZ) !!!! They said they will call me when she is out of surgery but she will most likely stay all day maybe through the night.

Thank you so very much for helping me save my sweet sweet Snoball!! Tears tears tears.

Loved to see those dancing bananas!!

What a great way to start the week--well deserving pets at All Funds Raised!

Snoball is patiently waiting for her surgery apt on Thursday!! No change really at this point, just having a hard time getting up...she really doesn't stand up for more than a few seconds at a time. She lays in front of the bowls to eat and drink.

Thank you again to all you wonderful angels for helping us.

Dancing Banana's that's what I like to see!!!! Good luck to Snowball and surgery!!! Angles you are the best....

Thank you again to everyone who helped make it possible for Snoball to get to the surgery on Thursday!! and ....to all the wonderful thoughts and prayers for her.

Nothing really to update for Snoball as she is just waiting for Thursday to get here.....we will be so relieved to get it all taken care of and be on the road to recovery.....

We'll keep you updated and let you know how she's doing as soon as she's out of surgery.

sending positive thoughts and prayers for tomorrow...will keep checking in tomorrow and will be anxious to hear that she is out of surgery and into recovery

Snoball is in my thoughts and prayers...and will be tomorrow as well. All the best...

Diane

Ok angels...so sorry as to not update you until late...I was unable to get to a computer...

Great update!!!! Snoball had her surgery this morning, I checked on her at 1:00 and she was just coming around. Dr. Joyner called me at 4:00p after a really busy day of surgeries to let me know her surgery went beautifully!!! No problems even for a senior kitty!!!! We are so very relieved she is doing well. They decided to keep her over night just because it's a big surgery and she is a senior sweetie.

He did report that just in that one week the tumor had grown in size and so he had to take a bit of the shoulder bone too, but feels like she will recover just fine.

I should beable to pick her up after they call me around 10:00am tomorrow!!!! Cannot wait to see her tomorrow!!!

Thank you soooo very much for all of your help making it possible to save my sweet girl!!! We will forever be a supporter of IMOM!!!

You all are amazing!!

So relieved to hear she's doing well, and that the vet feels she'll recover fine. Sounds like a day or two might have made all the difference, as fast as that tumor was growing.

Enjoy her homecoming!

What wonderful news about Snoball! I'm so glad her surgery went well. Please let us know how she is doing today when you get a chance...kisses to your pretty girl :)

Ok, just now going to make the hour drive to go pick her up....Dr. Joyner said she is doing great....eating and up ready to go home!!!! Can't wait to see her!!

I'm so happy you get to bring Snowball home today! There is no greater feeling!

SHE'S HOME! whew, sigh of relief! She's still in her "pink cloud" somewhat...but she ate and used her litter box already!!! no problems accept a weird look when she couldn't figure out how to cover it up....so we just did it for her..lol

and she won't let me leave her side either, but that's ok.

Love my sweet girl so much!

hoagie was so excited to get to snowball's thread as we make our rounds. he has a desire to always check on litter boxes. strange dog, he likes to cover for those who failed to.

we are happy she is home, and also glad her "pink cloud" is still with her somewhat. that operation is not an easy one.

Well, I've never been able to say no to Cindy - or an adorable cat.

Donation sent in memory to Tuckie.

:tuckie2:

Kay, thank u so much. I know Tuckie is happy u helped Snoball.

Update on Snoball.....she's recovering well....she is unable to jump on or off the bed just yet (and shouldn't with the stitches)but she came flying out of her make shift quilt bed on the floor and took a jump up to the bed and didn't make it... so I took the bed frame off and put the mattresses on the floor so in case she tried it again when I wasn't looking she wouldn't have to far to fall. I also put her quilt in a large doggie kennel so when I have to leave she won't be getting hurt.

She seems fine with all of this now....

She still doesn't seem completely herself yet....Dr. Joyner said the "pink cloud" would last about 3 days. But she's purring just as loud as ever again and happy to be home with me.

I'm so greatful to all of you angels who helped me....I will forever be supporting IMOM as soon as I recover from all of this.

(I will put pictures up as soon as I can figure out how to do it...)

Also.....she uses the litter box fine....but hasn't had a bowel movement since she's been home...should I be worried or just wait a bit longer? (she's eaten quite a bit)

UPDATE ON SNOBALL.....I am so worried....had to call the vet this morning because she has dark red spreading under her skin around the incision....it looks like blood to me, but no puffiness.....vet tech said we have to bring her back in tomorrow so they can check it. They said it should be going from dark color to lighter colors not the opposite like it is.

I'm praying she's ok....

I am glad you made the call to the vet, and will take her in tomorrow. Besides the look at the surgical site, are you seeing any other changes in her? Appetite, activity, drinking water still, running fever?

No other changes....she's eating, drinking, purring, wants constant love and attention. Doesn't seem to be uncomfortable at all.

Ok, ended up taking her to the vet tonight. I emailed them pictures of her coloring to them and they said bring her in for a quick check at no charge...thank God. I am 45 minutes away so it really wasn't a quick check....and then on the way she had 2 accidents in the carrier, ugh. I was so afraid she was going to get yuck all over her incision.

Then when I got there they took her back and we waited for almost 2 hours as we watched emergency after emergency come in...a total of 5.....my daughter and I were in tears....none of them made it home......

It was finally our turn and the tech came out and said everything is fine....the bruising just looks like bleeding!!

So relieved .....whew...

What a relief! I'm glad there's nothing to worry about...onward and upward!

Diane