Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Sable Bertei - Shepherd with mammary mass

128 posts in this topic

If all goes well Judy, I would like to make the appointment by the end of this week. Depending on how soon the vet can make the appointment.

Sable enjoyed her walk through the neighborhood as I knew she would. She met new people and checked out every yard on the way. You can always tell when she's had enough. She stops pulling and starts to walk more with me than ahead of me. Does anybody know why dogs feel the need to go to the bathroom more when they are on a walk, or is it just Sable?

So we found out today that Sable likes banana bread. For many of you that seems like it's not such a big deal, but for Sable it is. I think I have one of the pickiest dogs I've ever known. She doesn't like anything green or vegetable like, and favors cheese and cheese snacks. Don't get me wrong she doesn't get our snack food often, mainly if it falls on the ground, but that is the only food she'll eat off the ground. Isn't one of the perks of having a dog to have cleaner floors?

And have you ever known a dog not to eat steak? Sable will eat it but...if it's seasoned with season salt forget it. Crazy or not?

I would say they also like to "mark" where they have been...fun for other dogs to smell also...or, she is marking over another dogs "scent".....

by the way, I would still plan on giving the vet an update come Monday...I am hoping that we can get funds raised so surgery can happen by the end of the week.....I like to think positively.....

Let's see what we can do...

Tina, are you on Facebook? If so, Lisa is having that matching challenge...$5.00 for each post about Sable...so...what you do is click on the f like and I think that will take Sable's link to FB...when you do that, then post here that you did and Lisa will donate $5.00...ask your friends to do the same, see how many do...

FUND UPDATE: Sable has $282 in donations and needs $480 more!

Thanks to all for the support for Sable. It's wonderful to have the IMOM Angels rally for this sweet girl. Please remember to continue to SHARE all about Sable. Remember, Lisa's cross-posting challenge is going on - post your link you share to. We need to get this mass taken care of before it's too late.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sable Bertei. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sable's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Thanks Judy, I think I did it right. Will you be able to let me know if I didn't? And thank you all who have posted on your Facebook as well!

We had a busy day today. My grandson was helping me get ready for Easter and of course Sable gets her share of love when he is here. This picture totally shows what I mean when I say she is so tolerant of him.. :) Sometimes all she wants to do is lay there but she'll get used as a pillow, landing pad for helicopters, parking lot for cars, or whatever useful purpose she may serve at the time...God love her!

post-26604-0-35770000-1396821763_thumb.j

Great photo! Did I read somewhere that Sable took a nice walk today...and she and her family are from Cleveland? Is that right, or am I delusional?

Hey, I noticed that Snoball has a matching challenge going on....we've got the cross post going on....are there any other matching challenges for Sable?

Hey, angels, I know that we have two challenges going on...let's not let either of these great pets down...please donate and share their story so we can get both of them on the road to recovery!

Edited by Animal Luvr

FUND UPDATE: Sable has $282 in donations and needs $480 more!

Thanks to all for the support for Sable. It's wonderful to have the IMOM Angels rally for this sweet girl. Please remember to continue to SHARE all about Sable. Remember, Betsy's cross-posting challenge is going on - post your link you share to. We need to get this mass taken care of before it's too late.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sable Bertei. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sable's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

Unless I missed something.... I issued the cross-posting challenge and my name is Lisa. Did Betsy issue one also?

Unless I missed something.... I issued the cross-posting challenge and my name is Lisa. Did Betsy issue one also?

No, you didn't miss anything Lisa. I goofed up. :) And Dawn was looking at my posts when she posted hers. I went and changed them to "Lisa" So sorry about that!

Whooops - Sorry, Lisa. This is your cross posting challenge. I'm a little tired today. Thanks for your support!!! If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sable Bertei. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sable's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

Awesome pictures Tina. I remember when you got Sable... but I can't remember her being that small either. LOL What a sweetheart she is and has always been, and now allowing herself to be used as a landing strip ... well.... that just goes to show you how good her Mama taught her. LOL

Lisa.. did I read that right? " TWENTY BELOW ZERO. We have a 14 mph breeze which makes the wind chill factor FORTY-FOUR BELOW ZERO." Oh my gosh... and here I am complaining about Cleveland weather. At least ours is starting to break a little... how long do those temps last? Maybe I should send you an electric blanket. :)

Peace, Love, Blessings and Belly Rubs to All

Joanna, Gidget, Maxwell and Angel Mike

OK Lisa...I hope I am not messing you up...I see that Tina said she shared...

and I just saw that another friend of mine shared so I shared and FIVE of my friends shared so that's a total of SEVEN that I can count...I do know others shared but you will have to count them so I don't MESS THEM UP.....

Please angels...if more of you can share Sable can get more funding...did you see her as a pup, TOO CUTE...and loving with Tina's grand son.....

Thank you so much, Angels, for your donations so far and for helping this poor pup. We need to get Sable the surgery she needs so she can keep singing for a lot of years to come. Can you please help Sable? The clock is ticking. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites. Remember: Lisa's cross-posting challenge is still in effect, so don't forget to post your link you share to.

Thank you all so much!

Yes, we are from Cleveland trying to recover from one of the roughest Cleveland winters in years. Sable cannot wait to get outside and enjoy that ever evading sunshine we are waiting for. She grew up with my 5 children; 3 are still with us and two have moved out. She misses my two older daughters very much. Every time they visit she acts like they've been gone for years. She's so funny the way she makes herself get up from a comfy sleep just to make sure they are greeted. There is no one in our family who gets up for people when they walk in the door, at least not every time. Sometimes they get so aggravated at her over zealousness, I just laugh and tell them one day they'll miss it...

Good morning everyone. Greetings from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska where it is currently TWENTY BELOW ZERO. We have a 14 mph breeze which makes the wind chill factor FORTY-FOUR BELOW ZERO.

Holy cow, I'm shivering in my britches just reading this! Lisa, I salute you! So, for me, living in the Cleveland area, I was really excited this winter when the temperature got near freezing...seemed almost balmy. With your weather, what temperature in Alaska seems balmy to you?

Well, angels, let's help Lisa out here...let's keep her mind off of the cold weather...let's get those cross postings in high gear so she just needs to focus on tabulating how much $$$ to put into this fund!

Thanks for the challenge, Lisa!

Diane

Edited by Animal Luvr

I'm a little lean on cash (but soon I might be back to fulltime! wohoo! More money to give to IMOM. :D ) but I'm adding what I can and I'll post/share on facebook.

--Jaz

shared on facebook

FUND UPDATE: Sable has $392 in donations and needs $370 more!

We've passed the halfway point! Let's keep moving toward the goal. It would be wonderful to be able to contact the vet today so Sable's surgery could be scheduled.

Thanks again for all of the care and support the Angels have shown. Hopefully, we can continue to share Sable's story so we can get her the help she needs as well as spread the word of the importance of spay/neuter.

Tina, the pictures of Sable are adorable. It's clear how much you love your girl.

If can donate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for Sable Bertei. If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note Sable's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

FUND UPDATE: Sable has $492 in donations and needs $270 more!

Thank you, thank you Angels, for your donations so far! That's what I like to see! We're getting so close for sweet Sable - it's all downhill from here. It would be so great if Sable's Mom could call her vet in the morning and schedule an appointment. We need to get this sweetie fixed up as soon as possible so she's out of danger. Please can you help Sable? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites - sharing is SO important.

Thank you all so much!

We're getting so close for sweet Sable. Sable really needs this surgery as soon as possible. Her Mom has been doing a great job posting on the forum and sharing photos. Please can you help poor Sable? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites - sharing is SO important.

Thank you all so much!

I am guessing that Tina had to work this AM so wouldn't it be GRAND to have a wonderful funds update for Sable this afternoon?

I sure would like to be able to get an a surgery date SET for this week...can we do it?

FUND UPDATE: Sable has $492 in donations and needs $270 more!

Are these still the current amounts raised and needed?

Edited by Animal Luvr

Are these still the current amounts raised and needed?

Yes, I'm afraid so. Thanks for asking.

Jamie.K