Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Sable Bertei - Shepherd with mammary mass

128 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Mammary nodule

Treatment: Surgical removal and spay

Low end of estimate: $982

Owner contribution: $250

Needed for low end of the estimate: $732

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $30

Our fund raising goal: $762

Spayed/Neutered: No – will be at time of surgery

Caseworker: Dawn

Sable is at All Funds Raised - Donations no longer needed!!

post-9479-0-87100800-1396701396_thumb.jp

Sable is an 8 year old Shepherd mix who has a mammary nodule. Sable has had this mass since November and it needs to be removed. We all know how dangerous mammary tumors can be and I’m afraid we’ve seen too many of them lately. The vet is also adamant that Sable be spayed at this time as well.

Here’s what Sable’s mom has to say about her: “Sable has been with our family almost since the day she was born. She has been our family pet for 8 years. Our children have helped to name her, took her on walks (or rather she took them on walks) and have always been greeted by her with nothing but love and excitement. Sable is a wonderful dog who has never caused us any grief and has always been loyal and protective. Her cyst is potentially dangerous and this worries us greatly. Yes she is getting old, but we are not ready to say goodbye yet.”

Sable’s mom also posted an introduction here: http://www.imom.org/...showtopic=10130

I don’t think any of us think Sable is ready to say “goodbye”.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sable Bertei. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sable’s name when making your donation.

Thank you for your support!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I am going thru the same thing with Lovie... and today her surgery is scheduled. It sounds as though Sable is not in as rough shape as Lovie, but mammary tumors are nothing to sit on as Diane had said!!! Please Angles won't you help this old girl give her pets some more time with her?

Good luck Sable, you'll be in my thoughts!

Sheryl and Lovie

I am so thrilled to see Sable up for funding I am out of town but will be home tonight to help cheerlead!

Sable's Mommas has been posting in the Introduction Thread so until she gets here to Sable's very own fund raising page I thought I'd copy and paste what she wrote earlier...""Hello,

My name is Tina and my dog's name is Sable. We are new to IMOM and are looking for support from a community to get help for a growth she has on her mammary glands. She is a great family dog, over 8 years old, who has been with us since she was a newborn puppy. We tried to add a dog to our family when our children were little, but they were afraid of everything. Sable came along at just the right time. Our children were old enough to enjoy her and to help take care of her. She has been a part of our family ever since.

She was so easy to train and is, to this day, such a good dog. She is so loyal and always happy to see us when we walk in the door (sometimes too happy). She keeps an eye on the neighborhood and looks out for our neighbors too. She welcomes all of the kids friends like they were our own family. I don't know why, but she is not a fan of the mailman or any other delivery man. Of course her bark is worse than her bite, she thinks she is so tough, but lays right down to get her belly rubbed even as she is barking"

I'll match the first 50.00. Wish it could be more but at least we'll get the ball rolling. Good luck Sable !

Just can't resist that challenge RESTNWOLF, go ahead and send the match dollars in... Betsy

I'm issuing a cross posting challenge!

Post Sable's story on your social media sites or pet boards that you frequent.

Copy the link and post it in Sable's thread and I will donate $1 for every link. I'll count them up at the end of the day and send in my donation.

I've posted at these 2 sites: http://petoftheday.c...th-mammary-mass

and

http://z14.invisionf...showtopic=12228

So, that's $2 more for Sable. Cross posting should bring in new donations so get those fingers flying, cross posting and pasting links here. :)

Edited by kuhio98

FUND UPDATE: Sable has $100 in donations and needs $662 more.

I like this cross posting challenge idea - let's SHARE all about Sable.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sable Bertei. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sable’s name when making your donation.

Great idea on the cross-posting challenge! Thank you! Sharing is so important because it gets the word out to a lot more folks. I hesitate to say this because I was proven wrong last time, but weekends are notoriously slow for fundraising. Please prove me wrong again! Can you please help poor Sable?

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sable Bertei. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sable's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

I shared on Facebook. Does that count ?

Yes! It counts. Post the link and we'll count them up.

I posted on Facebook.... hope that brings in $1!! :)

By the way... Tina is not only my niece but more like a daughter to me. Sable has been the best dog anyone could ever wish to have. (I tried to steal her a couple of times, but I couldn't get past the family).

I just want to THANK YOU ALL AHEAD OF TIME... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING Tina, Vince, their children and of course... beautiful Sable. I know the angels are all still out there.

I'm sitting here in tears thinking of all you have done for my boy Mike. You helped me keep him with me for more than a year and a half longer than two of the vets said he would be. Tina is finding out how and why IMOM became so important to me and how you all filled my heart with love and showing me how many people are out there to give support. I know she's overwhelmed with the love and effort you all are putting out for her, and she's beginning to feel the same.

God Bless Each An Every One of You For Reaching Out To Save Our Fur-kids.

Peace, Love and Blessings

"Post the link and we'll count them up." ~ I wish I knew how to do that. Please don't try to explain it to me either. It won't work. I would just as soon issue another 25.00 matching challenge for Sable than to go through that It's kind of like what I was informed of as a youngster, " Don't ever try to teach a pig to sing. It's just gonna' frustrate you and aggravate the pig."

Yes! It counts. Post the link and we'll count them up.

I sent in $25... who's going to finish up the rest of it for this match???? Thanks for the matches kuhio98 and restnwolf!!! YOU ROCK!!

Edited by MikesMom

Well, I guess that would be me. You matched it. You finished it ! Way to go ! Considered it sent.

"Post the link and we'll count them up." ~ I wish I knew how to do that. Please don't try to explain it to me either. It won't work. I would just as soon issue another 25.00 matching challenge for Sable than to go through that It's kind of like what I was informed of as a youngster, " Don't ever try to teach a pig to sing. It's just gonna' frustrate you and aggravate the pig."

No worries, I know nothing about Facebook so I don't even know if you can post the link to your cross post. I don't Twitter or any of that other stuff either. Steve, your word is good enough for me. :)

FUND UPDATE: Sable has $150 in donations and needs $612 more!

Thank you so much for the Matching Challenge and for the Match! We're off to a good start - we're almost 20% of the way there. Sable has had this lump for a while now, and it needs to be removed so it doesn't get worse and cause her more problems. I don't see too many people taking advantage of the cross-posting challenge - it just take a few seconds to share. I shared on my personal Facebook page - can you?

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sable Bertei. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sable's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Hello everybody!

I was at work all day and am just now able to get on the computer to thank IMOM for giving me the opportunity to help Sable. We are both very touched to see the immediate love and support everyone is showing us. I feel like this whole experience and effort to get to this point has really made me appreciate how important Sable is to us. I feel like I am fighting for one of my children. I can only imagine how people who know there is no hope for their pets must feel...Please know that all the help we receive is very much appreciated. You guys are awesome!!!!!

Sable is my dog niece (Tina's my sister) I am so thankful for all the help from everyone for Sable to get the help she needs...

I have shared on Facebook as well but dont know how to get the link to work either...

Shared on FB, but I also don't know how to copy that link...

Judy G.

Go to you homepage on FB... highlight the address on top of the screen, right click and the left click on "copy" and come back here... right click and the let click "paste". Done :)