Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Lovie - St. Bernard with mammary tumors

188 posts in this topic

How great to hear that Lovie continues to get better - puts a smile on my face. Thanks for keeping us up to date on this wonderful pup! Betsy

How wonderful to read that our Miss Lovie is getting better and better each and every day...we couldn't ask for more than that, could we...

What a wonderful life this girl is going to have once she's recovered.....from rags to riches...

Hoping all went well at the vet's and that Lovie will be back roaming and romping leash free....

Sorry I didn't post yesterday when we finished our day. I was so exhausted, I didn't even bother to get on the 'dumb' box. Lovie did wonderfully yesterday morning. There were some stitches that had healed a little bit more than we had liked so she did give a little (very little) fight when taking them out. SO... all stitches, staples and glue are gone now. Dr. Koch said to give her a couple days before I let her loose, but with her legs being still a little weak in the rear, I want her to build that muscle back up. AND knowing she can't run if she wanted, she got to wonder some this morning with mom's close watch on her. She was really good, only walked behind her Fur Sister and sat down next to Beau when that lug decided she was going to lay down out in the middle of the easement and not budge with the soaken wet grass.

It is so nice to see her healing so nicely. And over the pain, her little personality is starting to shine again.

So... we are vet free until July when she gets spay! AT least we hope no incidents occur between now and then. I'll be sure to take a pic of her pretty belly. She looks so good!!!

Thank you all so much for all the love and support during this time. Without all of you, I'm not quite sure I would have made it emotionally... this was really hard for me. How we become so attached to our fur babies in such short periods of time and to see the pain she was in just broke my heart.

BUT we are there, or nearly there, to being healed!!!

Love each and everyone of you so much!!!

Lovie and Sheryl

(and Beau and Daisy for making their fur sister healthy again)

must have felt so good for Lovie to be "free" outside. She's come a long way... no vet again until July is wonderful.

Still chuckling over Restnwolf's post about his wife getting a cigarette from the kitchen. Wondering if she was getting it for herself or for him?

She doesn't smoke....

hmm. Had a friend who's 29 year old husband was having a heart attack within a few months of their marriage. As she was driving him to the hospital, he was puffing on a cigarette... his last. Don't know about the truth to it, but the docs at the hospital told her it was that cigarette that allowed him to get to the hospital before coding. He's alive and well, and still married 35+ years later. Hope that cigarette was your last- good guys don't come a dime a dozen.

I just wanted to drop a line and give everyone an update on Lovie!!! She is doing great. She loves her freedom once again. Her belly looks great and healing nicely. She is back to being her pushy St Bernard self and gaining her weight back nicely. Up to six cups a food a day and she's a grazer so it's perfect. Thank you all so much for your love and support. Without you, she wouldn't be in the tip top shape she is in!!! This was taken after a nice romp in the mudd with her fur-sister Beau. They both decided it was let's make mommies back ache!!!

post-29517-0-83283200-1399426791_thumb.j

post-29517-0-90939700-1399426856_thumb.j

Lovie really looks to be filling in nicely, and good to see the luster in her coat.

Otis & Hoagie wanted to wish you a very happy Mother's Day, and to deliver a kiss on the nose to Lovie.

OH that Lovie what a brat she can be. Today she came at me full head on when I was out working on the landscaping (third day in a row) and plowed me on my backside. LITERALLY on my arse!!!! Then looked at me, kissed me and walked away. If I had a hose in hand she would have gotten a super soaker for sure.

She is in heat now, and showing a little bit more dominance than I care to see coming out. But we are nipping that in the bud. Like Dr. Koch says, we need to wait until July. He is out of town a lot during June and she needs to wait at least six weeks from her surgery. I hadn't even realized it until I noticed her hoo hoo was real swollen and then she started cleaning herself very often.

I'm just thankful that no dogs around here are running lose un-neutered. How horrible would that be?

But yes, she is hell on wheels... that Bug of mine!

xoxo