Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Lovie - St. Bernard with mammary tumors

188 posts in this topic

Stretch... it's going to be a good day. I can feel it in my bones. Every night I sleep on the floor next to my mommy so I know she is not far from me if I need her. I will not get in bed with her, I don't even know why she wants me too. Hmmm... it must be 7:30 am, time to stretch and go lick mommy's toes to wake her up. I know she likes to play this game with me, so it's off to head butting her when I give my kisses on her face. Wake up mommy, wake up... I need to go outside and do my business. WORKS every time...

Well I'm done, let's go see what my furbaby sister is up to out there...

OH wait there's mommy, I know I have fresh water and a big bowl of food waiting for me. AND the cookie jar... oh the cookie jar. SORRY but you're on your own furbaby sister. I'm on a serious morning mission...

post-29517-0-02903300-1396095953_thumb.j

post-29517-0-31238900-1396096129_thumb.j

Yes this our morning ritual, and it works perfect for all four of us. Me, Lovie, Beau and Daisy. Now they are all sleeping, and of course Lovie is right next to me on one of her blankets snoring, yes she fits right in, snoring away. It's a wonder we don't wake each other up throughout the night.

Lovie's spirits are still high, however, I have noticed yesterday she did sleep more than she would normally. She is generally under my feet throughout the entire day. Except when I am in the kitchen cooking. It's such a small area, no one is allowed in there until I have completed my tasks. As soon as I walk out, you would think there was a pack of wolves scouring for food on the floor in there. HA... I've learned not to drop anything anymore, I toss each a baby carrot to munch on when I'm cooking now.

This is a picture of Lovie and one of her furbaby sisters yesterday. Rarely does Lovie give up her blanket in the living room. Which makes me really think she was feeling pretty yucky yesterday. But of course not far from the blanket either....

I'm hoping for a better day today... though I have to do some errands. And with this unpredictable weather still here in Upstate New York I don't like to take anyone with me. Not to mention, it takes 40 minutes from our home to get to any sort of worthy store to do shopping. So I apologize in advance for not posting for a few hours this afternoon. Errands have to be done...

This is yesterday when Lovie gave up her blanket...

post-29517-0-71993200-1396096820_thumb.j

Social Media, what an amazing way to find help, seek advice and find the perfect pet. I've probably mentioned it before in a post, but this is how I found my Lovebug. I am a follower of "Finger Lakes Lost and Found Dog" on Facebook. When I saw Lovie's picture on their website, I immediately inquired about her. Lisa, the admin on their site practical 'drove' me in the right direction to inquire about this beautiful girl. I contacted Broome Country Shelter in Binghamton, NY thru Facebook. I had an almost immediate response of her history since being picked up by Animal Control. Of course she was on hold for 10 days should she be claimed. Every day I posted to Kelly and Gates at the shelter on her progress, if there was any news. Had she been to the vet? Had she shown signs of deep depression being in a kennel? How was her appetite? Questions questions questions, every day for 10 days!!!!

Then came the day, we got to go meet Lovie. Well worth the 2 hour drive, even if it hadn't worked with all three dogs getting along well. We had them in a large area inside to see the interaction. Of course butt sniffing went on, little chases, and such. OK, now the ultimate test, let's see how they react to each other outside. WOW... all three fur babies in different directions, doing their thing. This is good!!!

Kelly and Gates were so disappointed, I couldn't understand why. In ten days they had fallen in love with Lovie, but knew just in that short two hours of interaction, I was the home for her. ALSO, unbeknownst to me, one of the local news channels was supposed to come and do an interview on Social Media. How advanced it has become. How much it is being used. And the lengths many will go to help, save and make better lives for anything or anyone. BUT they had a large fire in the area at that time and had to cancel the interview. I was sort of glad it had been canceled, I would have been a fumbling fool being on camera. LOL

So, YES, Social Media is a fantastic way to find information, do research, and find the Love of your life. My Lovie!!!

Lovie says wake up wake up wake up... read my story. We have so much to share. And so little time to do so. Lovie begs for cookies, but like a lady will use the power of persuasion to get help from her Angle's for her surgery and getting her on the road to recovery quickly. This is the goal, please help us in making it happen. If we can meet our goal, then Lovie could be in for surgery Tuesday morning... what a wonderful thought that is!

FUND UPDATE: Lovie has $720 in donations and needs $844 more! There is still $50 left on the Matching Challenge!

Once this matching challenge is met we will be almost half-way there. Half-way to saving Lovie's life and giving her the gift of a future.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie's name when making your donation.

Lovie and her mom would be so very, very grateful!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Okay, who wants to take a bite out of the $50 that is left in Betsy's very generous Matching Challenge? All we need is $50 and Betsy can send in her $250, and that will bring us so much closer. Lovie's Mom is doing a great job sharing stories about Lovie and posting photos. Let's see how quickly we can bring in the $50 for Lovie. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites - sharing is just as important because it gets the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie's name when making your donation.

Thank you all!

Bite bite bite.... think how much closer we will be to get Lovie on her way to recovery!!! Angle's you all know that time is of the essence and hoping and praying you can all help Lovie, even in the smallest of ways.

I just got off the phone with Dr. Koch, Lovie's Vet. I gave him and update and he is overwhelmed and thrilled like I am for the outpouring of Lovie. As soon as funds are raised, she goes into to see him and gets her pre-op blood work done, she'll be put on an antibiotic to prevent any sort of infection, as well as a pain med the night before surgery. This is such a scary thought for me, she is going to be not her after surgery for a couple of weeks Dr. Koch said, but in the long run she is going to be healthy and bouncing around like she should be.

Because he'd like to see an antibiotic in her system for a couple days, he said the Friday or Saturday will be her surgery date. This is when he has the 'strong arms' in his office to help with her surgery and the lifting and carrying of such a beast (weight wise). As soon as all funds are raised, he said call and let him know and bring her in right then. We can get the ball rolling on her way to recovery.

I am so so glad that I found Dr. Koch!!! He is just an amazing Veterinarian. I have referred a couple of people at Physical Therapy over to him, he is that wonderful!!!

Hoagie says to tell Betsy it's time to send in her match. He also sends a special shout out to Dr. Koch to welcome him aboard.

YEAH!!!! WE are getting there so quickly. I learned also after speaking to Dr. Koch that he will be doing her spay at no cost after a couple months of healing. He is an incredible man!!! He wants her to have about two months of healing time because it is such a major surgery. Hoagie, we love you and Betsy, time to pay up... LOL

Angle's you are the very best for Lovie and to Lovie!!!

Happily paid up, thanks Angels for taking my challenge! Let's get the rest of the way there... Special shout out to Dr. Koch for working with IMOM and the great news that he will do the spay surgery for Lovie. Great to hear. Betsy

Here we are sitting in the spare room where my desk top is. And I look behind me and Lovie is barking out the window. Not sure what it is with the windows she can look right out standing or sitting and barking. THERE is nothing out there but trees, snow, ice and birds. Gotta love her so much...

post-29517-0-89717200-1396107983_thumb.j

post-29517-0-75911800-1396108005_thumb.j

BETSY... shout out to you and your wonderful challenge. Lovie thanks you and so do I from the bottom of our hearts. AS well as those that met each challenge that has been put out there. WE are so close now. With lots of positive energy we are going to be there on Monday and be in Dr. Koch's office to get the ball rolling.

Please everyone, know I am doing what I can as far as sharing, sending in emails and all the St Bernard Rescue sites that I am affiliated with. This is so wonderful!!!

Here we are sitting in the spare room where my desk top is. And I look behind me and Lovie is barking out the window. THERE is nothing out there but trees, snow, ice and birds. Gotta love her so much...

Hoagie hopes Lovie's hearing those dancing bananas practicing their dance routine. Come on angels, let's help them show their stuff.

Ok ANGLE'S it's time for me to get dressed and go to town to get my errands done. I wish I had a fancy phone to keep posting and checking on updates. Unfortunately that is not the case. I'll be gone for a few hours, by few I mean probably four or five hours. It's nearly an hour drive for me to get to any town that is worthy of grocery shopping and get doggy food and treats. Living in the country on a mountain has many advantages. Errands unfortunately is not one of them.

Please keep the love coming in for Lovie!!!

OH and please, someone explain to me what the dancing 'bananas' are !!! I look forward to learning this obviously fun statement...

when all funds are raised you get to see the dancing bananas...they are quite a sight...can't wait myself!

FUND UPDATE: Lovie has received $1420 in donations and still needs $144!!

I stepped away from my computer for a little while an was overjoyed by what I saw. As always, I am humbled, astounded,and touched by the kindness of those willing to help others they have not met and, most likely, never will. But with whom we all share the common bond of an abiding love for animals.

We are so very close now Angels. If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie’s name when making your donation.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your amazing generosity!

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

Holy smoke! What a group this is! Maybe those dancing bananas will be waiting for Sheryl when she gets back from her errands!

Lovie Durlak is at All Funds Raised!!!

Thanks to all the Angels that made this possible!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Like Cindy K, I had stepped away from my computer for a little while. I came back prepared to do some cheerleading for Lovie and see that Lovie is at All Funds Raised. Woo hoo! Thank you all SO much. You all are so amazing, and thanks to you all, Lovie will be able to get the treatment she needs. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Jamie.K

Lovie Durlak is at All Funds Raised!!!

Thanks to all the Angels that made this possible!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Uhhhh, who said that weekends were slow? :) Amazing job everyone. You've brought tears to my eyes.

Give yourself a....

Applause.gif

Edited by kuhio98

Uhhhh, who said that weekends were slow? :) Amazing job everyone. You've brought tears to my eyes.

Give yourself a....

Applause.gif

Uhhhh, that would be me. Guess I need to take it back! :)

Jamie.K

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!

Wait until Lovie's Momma gets home...perhaps things can be moved up if she can talk with the vet yet today!!!!!

I am THRILLED.....it's very rare for me to be SPEECHLESS, but I am just sitting here SMILING...WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!

Edited by Judy