Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Lovie - St. Bernard with mammary tumors

188 posts in this topic

FUND UPDATE: Lovie is at All Funds Raised!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Diagnosis: Mammary tumors

Treatment: Mastectomy

Low end of estimate: $2103

Owner contribution: $600

Needed for low end of the estimate: $1503

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $61

Our fund raising goal: $1564

Spayed/Neutered: No

Caseworker: Cindy K.

Lovie is a 6y/o St. Bernard. Her Mom adopted her in January from a rescue organization after she was dumped on the side of a road. Lovie’s Mom says: “My intention was to bring her home and give her a safe, comfortable, and loving home to live out the rest of her life.”Now Lovie has been diagnosed with mammary tumors and needs surgery as soon as possible so that she is able to live out the rest of her life.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie’s name when making your donation.

Love and her Mom would be so very grateful!

post-22479-0-73118800-1396024346_thumb.j

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

Welcome Sheryl and Lovie!

IMOMers ~ Sheryl has written a lovely writeup in her introduction thread. I've copied it here.

Let's make a big push to get the word out today so that going into the weekend, we can get some fundraising momentum going.

] I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself, Sheryl and Lovie. I adopted Lovie in January from a Shelter after I saw her posted behind 'bars'. She is a St Bernard and being a lover of that particular breed it broke my heart to see her this way. I was in touch with shelter and it's volunteers daily to get reports on 'Lovie'. I learned that she had been picked up by Animal Control having being dumped on the side of the road. She was emaciated and believed to have been used to breed repeatedly and no longer of use because of Mammary Tumors. It broke my heart!

The vet at the shelter had guessed her age to be 8 years and that the tumors inoperable. As well as not being able to spay her due to her age and the mammary tumors.

The volunteers at the shelter rallied together, and helped to pay for her adoption fee. Knowing that she would be going to a loving home where she would be loved and well taken care of. As well as have two sister fur babies to keep her company. She would be able to live out the rest of her senior years in comfort.

After bringing her home, need I mention I traveled four hours round trip to adopt her and bring her home. I immediately scheduled an appt with my regular veterinary. She was then treated for an ear infection in both ears and put on a pro-biotic for her digestive system as she was so thin. However, after applying for Care Credit, I learned that that particular vet would not accept it. SO, I went on a hunt thru Care Credit and found a wonderful new veterinary clinic. He accepts Care Credit and is thrilled to work with me and IMOM to work toward finding funding for her surger.

After he evaluated Lovie, she is only 6 yrs old. She is a very good candidate for a double mastectomy to remove the mammary tumors. As well be spay during the procedure. He is happy with the 22 pounds that she has put on since I have adopted her. We did do x-rays to make sure that her lungs were clear and her heart is strong. Both ARE in excellent condition, which couldn't make me any happier or Dr. Koch.

With the help of IMOM and the community, I am hoping and praying for funds to be raised so that Lovie can have the surgery. It is a surgery that needs to be done so that she will not have anymore tumors grow, or other problems associated with them.

I apologize if this long winded, but I can go on and on about this baby girl. She is so precious to me and become such a very important part of my family in such a short period of time. The photo I'm attaching is the day she left the shelter to come home with us. The Cockapoo is Daisy, who I adopted as well five years ago, and the other St Bernard on the couch is Beausifus who I have had since she was a puppy. Lovie would be the new addition who is sitting on the floor. I hope you enjoy her journey with us and the updates and photos..

Edited by kuhio98

WELCOME...I hope that we can really work hard to get funding in for Lovie...her Momma saved her life and is working hard to get her well again...WE can help...sharing is most important...so, let's get the word out into all the social media avenues there are...share and ask your friends to do the same, and their friends to pass it forward...

Hi Sheryl. This is near and dear to my heart. I lost my little beautiful girl Maggie Mae in January to this very thing. My vet directed me to IMOM and Cindy was wonderful as well as so many IMOM Angels helping me get the medical attention Maggie needed. I pray that Lovie get's the same experience and change that my little girl did with the help of the agnels. I can't do much as my finances still have not recovered yet but I will go in right now and give what I can. Over the past few months I have tried to help where I can in memory of Maggie. She would be very happy about this. You guys will be in my prayers :pp_animal_565:

What a beautiful girl! I've always wanted a St. Bernard ... let's do a $50 matching challenge for Lovie!

I am so thrilled to be working with IMOM and all of you in helping Lovie to get her surgery. I just spoke with her vet once again, which I do nearly daily, to inform him that the tumors are actually leaking fluid. He is very concerned but we are praying to be able to have the surgery done soon...

It's hard to imagine that this baby is so sick. Her spirits are so high, though I truly believe it has much to do with being in a home where she is loved so much!!! Hence her name... Lovie!!! As I've let everyone know she was adopted just a few short months ago, with the belief she was 8+ yrs old and I was bringing her home to make her comfortable to live out her life as she should be. Not dumped on the side of a road for whatever reason. Learning that she is only 6 yrs old was a shock. You can see how white she is in the face in her photos which made me think as well she was much older. My vet is very positive that the surgery will be the best for her. She'll have many more years ahead of her to come.

We Have a $50 Matching Challenge!

Woohoo! Lovie has been through so much already, abused and starved and abandoned. Surely she deserves this chance to live out her years in a loving home and family.

If you are able give anything at all, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie’s name when making your donation.

Thank you Angels!

WE HAVE A MATCHING CHALLENGE already...Sue W has posted she will match the NEXT $50.00 donated for Lovie...

You can read in her Momma's post how much she cares and loves her...so...she deserves this chance at happiness...she was rescued by a kind soul that wanted her to be loved when she needed it the most...NOW she has a chance for total happiness...a spay, surgery and a happy, happy life...

Let's get busy.....

Maggie as well was very healthy and full of life, but her cancer spread as soon as she had her surgery. I am praying and sending every ounce of positive energy that I have to you guys. Lovie is beautiful and it makes me sick how people treat these beautiful babies. I as well saved Maggie and had 12 wonderful years with her. I pray that you get many years of companionship with Lovie. I just donated. If anyone can do it for you both the Angels can. I am ready to see some banannas dancing Angels. Let's give Lovie a standing/dancing ovation.

I'm certainly not one to resist a challenge. $50 just sent in. Let's get this board rockin' and get Lovie the help she needs Angels!!!

FUND UPDATE: Lovie has received $155 in donations and still needs $1409!

Lovie needs to have surgery asap. She is only six years old and they have been six very hard years for Lovie before she found her “forever home.” She has so much life ahead.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie’s name when making your donation.

Thank you so much!

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

YAY $155.00 already...great work so far...

I see that Lovie's Momma posted some photos of her in the IMOM photo gallery...there is one with her behind the chain link "bars" of the shelter...to think that she went from dumped on the side of the road, emaciated...taken to a shelter, and NOW in a home where her Momma really, really loves her...

It's a Cinderella story...let's make it come true...let's get her the $$$ for her surgery...if anyone deserves it, I think she does...

This is s photo of Lovie at the animal shelter. Love’s mom says: “it broke my heart to see her that way.”Her vet says she is a good candidate for mastectomy surgery now that she is in better shape than when she was picked up by animal

control. Lovie really deserves to have a quality life ahead of her.

If you can give anything at all, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie’s name when making your donation.

Thank you for your generosity!

post-22479-0-30853200-1396036500_thumb.j

I don't believe I have made a donation this month so let's make it worth my while. I like to get double my money when I give (who doesn't like a bargain like that?) so I hereby issue a $100 matching challenge. In order to not mess with people's minds, I promise not to send in my funds this time until the challenge has been met.

Now, please don't make me wait too long to send that money in as I think this is a great way to start off my weekend.

We have a $100 matching challenge on the table!!

If you are able to help Lovie get the surgery she needs to save her life, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie’s name when making your donation.

Thank you Angels!

Lovie is in pretty bad shape. Her Mom has been trying to find help for a couple of weeks. Her vet told her 2 weeks ago (on March 14th) that the longest Lovie could wait for treatment was 1 to 2 weeks - the 2 weeks are up. Can you please help Lovie? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites - sharing is just as important because it gets the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Some days you are the challenger, some days you are the challengee. Today I am the challengee. Didn't want Elwen to have to wait too long to start a great weekend, so sent in $100 to cover that challenge. Can't wait to see Lovie's dancing nanners!!!! Betsy

The Matching Challenge has been met!

Lovie' mom says; "I've learned that she loves to roll in the snow endlessly." Let's do all we can to get Lovie the life-saving surgery she needs. With it, she will be able to roll endlessly in the snow for years to come.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Lovie Durlak. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Lovie's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

post-22479-0-28106600-1396042102_thumb.j

FUND UPDATE: Lovie has $255 in donations and needs $1,309 more!

Lovie's $100 Matching Challenge has now been met!!!

Thank you so much! Elwen send in those funds and thank you! Okay, we're off to a good start. We all know weekends are tough to raise funds, so we may have to work extra hard. Let's get poor Lovie the treatment she needs. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites - sharing is just as important because it gets the word out to more people.

Thank you all so much!

I just sent out an eblast to all of my residents here at the apartment community I manage, and have shared on every social site I can think of, even my properties facebook page. I am anxious to see this mircle of love happen

FUND UPDATE: Lovie has received $355 in donations and still needs $1209 as of 5:25 p.m 3/28/14!

Angels, let's get this sweet girl the treatment she needs so she is able to stay in her "forever home" for many years to come.

Thank you all so much!

FUND UPDATE: Lovie has $415 in donations and needs $1,149 more!

Thank you so much Angels! We're just over 1/4 of the way there! I know we can do this for poor Lovie. Lovie has been through so much and is SO sweet in spite of her terrible experiences. Can you please help Lovie? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites - sharing is just as important because it gets the word out to more people.

Thank you all so much!

Sent in my matching challenge. Thank you Betsy for starting my weekend off with a bang!

WOW...isn't this GRAND!!!

Lovie seems to be building up a fan club...couldn't ask for anything nicer than that...we are on a roll and the momentum is really rolling...can we keep it up??

Sharing, tweeting, posting on Facebook and Instagram is the best way to spread the word...really, there are angels around every corner...