Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Frisky: a cat with severe dental disease

252 posts in this topic

I had a calico named Friskie. Actually was my brother's cat, but I took care of her in her later years. She gave much loving company. In memory of her I donated what I could.

Good nite. Thank you to all of you again.

Will be giving Frisky Olive lots of love and warmth tonite. Remaining hopeful.

With gratitude.

Frisky Olive's Mum,

AJ

FUND UPDATE: Frisky Olive has $1195 in donations and needs $3 more!

All Matching Challenges have now been met!!!

Who wants bananas for breakfast???

If you are able to donate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd; note for Frisky Olive DeAlba. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Frisky Olive's name when making your donation.

Thank you so much!

I'll be back in a couple of hours to check in - can we let the vet know this morning?

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Oh my gosh! We only need $3! You guys are amazing - thank you so much!

Jamie.K

Good Morning,

This is wonderful. Thank you with all my heart. I made a new batch of water solution for my Frisky Olive salt/sugar/water. Also she was willing to eat more of the baby food. She literally wanted to keep licking that teaspoon. This is a good sign. My Frisky knows she is hungry. She also jumped in the tub as if to drink from the source. She didn't but did take a good look and a good first step. I am proud of her.

I believe everything happens in steps. Its a process. This is Frisky's process. Her journey.

I coudn't believe my eyes just now when i signed on.

Keeping my little girl, my princess(another nick name) warm. I am looking forward to taking her to the vet.

May her healing begin.

Optimistic and hopeful.

Thank you, all who have helped and supported Frisky Olive on this journey,

Frisky Olive's Mum,

AJ

Frisky Olive is at ALL FUNDS RAISED!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

This sweet kitty can now get to the vet so she can get all fixed up. Huge thank you to all the Angels who made this possible.

Please follow Frisky Olive on the All Funds Raised thread as she gets treatment and recovers.

I hope all of the Angels are enjoying the bananas for breakfast. I hope Frisky Olive gets in to see the vet today. Paws crossed that we hear news soon.

Hi

Just checking in after the weekend to find another miracle from IMOM and the Angels. I hope Frisky Olive is feeling a lot better soon

Kathy and the Magical Beach Kitties

You are on it.....

when you get to the community forum...scroll down and look for

All Funds Raised

click on that and you'll find Friskie's thread.....

waiting to see how things are going for Frisky today...she has a good Mum...and my husband always says, no news is good news

Yes, anxious to hear how Frisky Olive is doing. Hope she was able to get into the vet today and get started on the road to recovery!

Good Afternoon,

Frisky Olive has an appointment tomorrow at 9am. She will be evaluated before her surgery is scheduled. Bloodwork and the necessary radiographs.

I will be preparing her for this appointment for the rest of the day.

She did finish her beef broth baby food this morning. Very interested in eating. I will be giving her some peas and brown rice baby food in a bit. It is important for her to continue eating. I gave her some more love this morning and she sat on my lap as I meditated this morning. That was a very peaceful and meaning moment for me as a mum.

Something she has not done in about a week. I will keep you posted and will keep you posted on her appointment tomorrow. I will not be able to post anything online when I am at appointment. I only have access to internet at home.

Thanks for all your concerns and support.

AJ

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers for you and Frisky Olive and a vet visit tomorrow that will get the tests run and a dental set for this sweet, sweet kitty.....

Your posts were filled with the love you have for your girl...I think everyone knew just how much Frisky means to you...until tomorrow...

Thanks Judy. I appreciate your words very much. My sweety ate some more peas and brown rice baby food. I am so proud of her. I got her carrier ready. I got a special baby blanket in there for her. Had her in my arms about an hour ago now she is resting.

I love her with all my heart.

yes , until tomorrow indeed.

Frisky Olive's Mum,

AJ

:sad:

Good Afternoon,

Frisky Olive made her 9am vet appointment. Brought her back home about an hour and half ago. I have been processing all the information and some I am still waiting for. I will get that later this afternoon from her vet.

Where to begin...Frisky was evaluated. She has lost yet another pound. She is currently 7lbs and 7ozs. She use to be 12 1/2 lbs. So she has lost quite a bit. Today I wrapped her up in a light blue baby blanket and cushioned her carrier w/ extra blankets. She seem ok and meowed a little.

The vet sedated her with an injection of DexDomitor and Torbugesic. I did some research online just to educate myself. Am curious if anyone has had experience with this w/ your own pets.

The vet examined Frisky's mouth and found what she thinks is either a tumor or abscess. Receiving this information was very scary and difficult. They did the xrays which are part of her treatment; head and chest and rest of body since Frisky Olive is so small. I will get the results this afternoon from the vet. Not sure what to expect. Not sure what else to say rite now. :sad:

I will be worrying right along with you.....I am hoping that what the vet sees is an abscess.....

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.

Sending healing thoughts your way. I hope Frisky continues to enjoy her baby food.

Thank you. I appreciate all your messages. She did eat some more baby food. Had 2 treats. drank some of sugar/salt water.

Will keep all posted.

Frisky Olive's MUm

I am wondering if the vet prescribed antibiotics? Also, I am guessing since she was sedated they did a pretty thorough dental exam, any comments on that?

My Bandit (He's my icon kitty) had a tumor in his mouth, in his lower jaw. They removed the front of his jaw and he's doing fine, although I sometimes call him slimer now since he drools a bit. I have been through the numb feeling, the no, it'snot fair, why didn't I notice something was wrong earlier, how can this have happened to my baby?

My best advice is just love on your baby and wait until the results come in. No amount of worry will change the outcome. Just pray for a good and treatable outcome. If the worst happens, feel free to message me. I've at least been there done that and my Bandito is living proof cats can survive cancer. No chemo was necessary or anything other than the surgery. We were very very lucky. I'm sending hopeful thoughts your way and long distance hugs. Today's my birthday so I know what I'll use my wish for. ;) Hang in there.