Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Tabby: A Cat with Cancer in Her Ear

89 posts in this topic

Wont be long now !! Next Wendsday,after which Tabby cat will be recovering.Bet she will feel much better after that tumor is gone. Especially whe she gets healed up.

Tabby is feeling well,ear still bugging her,other than that she is doing well. She is going to get a bath tomorrow eve before her surgery date.Wendsday I take her to the hospital at 7:30-8:00 am. She is in good hand's & god is watching over her. She is a very special little cat. I am sure other people feel the same about there little friend's. There are family memeber's.Will keep you updated. I am a little nervous also.

post-29592-0-75359700-1395095930_thumb.j

Of course you are a little nervous. It is always quite nerve wracking when you have to take your furbabies to the vet... Please smooch Tabby on the head and give her an extra chin scratch from all of us. We will be thinking of her tomorrow. Can't wait until she has her surgery and is on the mend!!!

I too totally understand that you are nervous...your baby is having surgery...I can't wait to hear that the surgery went well and Tabby is in recovery...and then home again where she belongs.

Wishing Tabby an easy surgery, clean margins and a thorough recovery.

Tabby is in the recovery room as of 4:20 pm today. They called & said the surgery went well. They will test the mass they removed to make sure they removed all the diseased tissue. If she feels better in the morning & is responding well to pain med's she will come home tomorrow sometime. If not they will keep her one more day till they get the right pain med's. Thank you everyone !!!!! She's going to be on the mend for a while,but at least she is alive & on her way to recovery. Maybe its good that I am unemployed right now ,not financially,but i can help my cat more being home till she is better & look for work also. Thank You !!!!! Gerald Craig Mcchesney / They are going to call back around 6:pm when she is awake & let me know how she is.

post-29592-0-20775300-1395262062_thumb.j

Glad to hear the surgery went well. We will keep our fingers and toes crossed that Tabby can go home soon and start the recovery process proper. We are with you every step of the way! Thanks for keeping us up to date... Betsy

Excellent news. Hope Tabby can come home soon.

Tabby is awake & doing well. Sounds like she might be able to come home tomorrow afternoon,possibly. They are going to call in the am around 8. Let me know for sure. WHEW !!! Glad thats over !!! Will keep you all posted. Thanks Again !!!

How nice to think that Tabby might be able to come home tomorrow. I'm sure she'll have the best nurse ever to help her! ;-)

I will certainly try to be a good nurse. I hope she will be patient with me !! She somehow alway's ends up in charge??? I think she trained me well !!

She somehow alway's ends up in charge???

Ummmm...cat's are pretty good at that!

As long as you remember that cats don't have owners, they have servants, then you'll be just fine. ;-)

I am so happy to hear that Tabby's surgery went well. The Great Gatsby (huge rescued orange kitty) says to tell her she will do just fine. He had similar surgery and is now happily living with his new Mommy

Hope she is home soon

Kathy

Kitty came home. Tabby was pickled tink to see me. Her ear has a lot of stitches.Looks sore but she seem's ok. Alert & glad to be home. Thank God & you guy's /girl's. She is not happy with the cone head experience. 2 weeks/house bound also. She will get through that. She's a tough little girl. Came through with flying color's. Go back to remove stitches after the above.

Me too. How is Tabby doing today ?

Great Gatsby says hello and he remembers that cone=- he took his off along with the bandages several times and got to make unscheduled trips to the vet

Kathy

Tabby is being very good. Resting alot. She's a little swollen up but not bad. She is eating less, probably hurts a little. She needs to loose about 1 lb. anyway. We go back on the 3rd to see if they can take out stitches. It may be longer,as long as something does not get worse. So far so good. Thank the Lord & the people of Imom. It seams to be scabing up well. I'm no expert but i just checked it with a flashlight.

Tabby is doing GREAT !!! She is resting well & being a very good patient. Her ear is healing well. It's been 8 days. We go back Thursday to get stitche's removed. I'm really glad you guy,s helped me. Soon as I get situated I'm going to start giving back. Hopefully soon. Thank You !! Gerald Craig Mcchesney.

did they biopsy the tumor? Any news? SO happy that she is healing and doing well...BRAVO...

Yes Judy it was carcenoma. Which mean's it's not as serious as the other kind. It's still cancer,but they think they removed all of it. Suppose to have it checked yearly. Supposedely that kind does not spread as much but is more local. She got her stitches out TODAY but still needs to were the collar for a while longer. Still trying to scratch it. I found a short term electrical project in Mississippi. Its good money/they pay the motel but it might only last a couple of months. Should help a lot though. Wish i could find something closer & more long term. Beat's a blank,maybe when I come back. Thank you so much,I was between a rock & a hard place. I believe my cat will have a good long life now. That parts in God's hand's. At least she has a VERY GOOD chance at it. She's an very loyal sweet little girl kitty, with a punk rock hair cut !! HA !! Gerald Craig Mcchesney

Hi, My name is Tabitha {Tabby}. I am a 8 yr. old Calico kitty. I was very sick & could have died,but my Dad-Imom & the University of Florida saved my LIFE. I am very gratefull & thank God for putting me back on my way to health. I'm a very lucky & blessed little girl. I want to thank all of you very sincerly !! You helped me so I can go on living & be happy !!! I am very happy Today !! Thank You all !!!!!!

post-29592-0-29345600-1396568997_thumb.j

So glad that Tabby is making a speedy recovery... She is beautiful