Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jacki IMOM

Sophie Quintana - ruptured mammary mass

78 posts in this topic

We are past the half way point! Thank you so much everyone! I am sitting here with my dad whos not too computer savvy BTW and he smiled when I told him (so I know hes jumping with joy since I havent seen him smile in a while) just for that I again thank you so much!

Lets do this!

I am SO glad you are helping your Mom and Dad...it is so stressful when you have a sick pet...can't work a computer and feel as if you are all alone...

WELL, you are not alone here at IMOM...we all care and are here for you, your parents AND SOPHIE...believe me..keep up the good work posting...it is MOST important

plus, we want to keep your Dad smiling.....

Hi

I am happy that you are here helping Sophie. Post as much as you can- and pictures and stories about Sophie would be wonderful. Many angels here who will help Sophie to happy endings

Kathy

Hi, my name is Anita and I've been Sophie's friend for 10yrs. I remember the first day i met Sophie I was so scared of her because of her size and the way she ran up to me, but all she wanted to do was say hi. I remember Robert saying don't be affraid she's very friendly and sweet, he was so right after that I have fallen in love with Sophie she is an awesome dog, funny and really smart. My heart broke when I found out Sophie has cancer, even at this stage fo her health she's in good spirits, always manages to greet you even if she can barely walk. Sophie's health is starting to deteriorate and is in desperate need of surgery. Thank you all who have taken time out to donate and share in social medias. Sophie too thanks you for giving her another chance at life. In the name of Jesus Sophie's surgey will be a success. Good bless you all.

Edited by mreinaldo

Thank you so much! Im so sorry we could not post sooner but my dad has no notion of computers and the internet and I had to rush here to help him. I am staying here until we get this done!

Update on Sophie:

This morning we gave her a round of antibiotics as prescribed by our kind vet and cleaned her wound. She is having such a hard time getting up cause of the weight of the tumor. It is hardening somewhat and were afraid it may be getting infected. We are working on keeping her good until her surgery and but need is to get the message out to some more kind angels hearts to get this finalized and ready for surgery tomorrow!

Okay, on the last fund raiser I had issued a $60 challenge and then all the funds were raised before I could even send it in. I'm taking that $60 and adding $40 more to it for Sophie. I believe I will use it to issue a matching challenge for Sophie. Who will meet my $100 matching challenge? Make me send the money in this time!

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1,125 in donations and needs $274 more!

Oh my gosh, thank you, thank you! We're really making progress now - it's downhill from here. Let's get this sweet senior girl to All Funds Raised so she can have her surgery tomorrow. Poor Sophie is so sick, and she really needs to feel better so she can enjoy her years she has left snuggling and relaxing with her Dad and Mom. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sophie Quintana. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophie's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Robert, thank you for your wonderful posts. Keep them coming!!!

I think a number of us here have been in similar situations to understand your disappointment of those who don't realize and appreciate the value of older pets. But...the good thing is that you're here and people here do understand and care.

To the IMOM angels...please...let's get this effort in super drive speed so we can finish it tonight...and have Sophie and her family rest easy for her big day tomorrow.

Hugs to Sophie and your family, and with wishes for the very best. I'll be lighting a healing candle for you.

OMG, ANOTHER MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $100.00 donated...posts are coming fast and furious we sure don' want to MISS this in the flurry.....

OH, to get the funds in today...how about even before dark??

Robert, when do you take up Sophie's food and water? What state are you located in? I think Jacki stated surgery was set for 3:30 EST...

Sophie now has a $100 Matching Challenge!

Thank you so much Elwen! I saw your post after I posted the Fund Update. Okay, this is a great time to donate since your donation will be doubled. Who will take some of Elwen's money? I know someone will! That will put us SO close.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sophie Quintana. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophie's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Thank you so much!! Karen C, Sue W, Elwen, Animal Luvr, and all who are helping!! You have no idea how wonderful this is for us not only giving Sophie a chance to live but giving joy back to our family.

We are located in the east coast (NY). We would love to have the wonderful news that that mission was completed by tonight so maybe I can call the vet and schedule for an ealier appointment since it is time critical.

Woohoo!! one of my co-workers donated, her name is Enaida, isn't she awesome, shes an animal lover also. She's a proud owner of a beautiful yorkie her named Mia. Thanks Enaida I appreciate your help.

I'm getting a feeling that we'll be at All Funds Raised by dinner time! Let's go, angels!

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1,199 in donations and needs $200 more!

$74 of her $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Yay!!! Thank you so much Angels! I better start warming up the bananas - I predict they will be dancing very soon! We have just a little bit more to go - can you please help Sophie? Let's get this senior pup fixed up so she can feel better and have more time with her family. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

Thank you all so much!

Okay, I'm off to lunch. Since there is only $26 left on my matching challenge, I decided to go ahead and send my money in. This way it can get counted toward the total needed. :)

OK, I'll finish off the challenge for 26.00 and match the next 50.00 for a total of 76.00. I'll send it all in when the challenge has been met if that is OK. If not let me know and I'll split it up if necessary. Good luck Sophie. Steve

I see Elwen has finished off the match so I'll match the next 75.00. Again Good Luck Sophie.

It's all happening so fast I can't keep track - can we get a funds needed update?

Hi All,

We are almost there I guess waiting for a funds update...thanks all for making this closer and closer to happening!!

This has been an AMAZING day...so heartwarming to see everyone rally for a sweet senior girl in need!!!

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1,299 in donations and needs $100 more!

$74 of her $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Elwen has already sent in the $100 Match - thank you so much Elwen! We still need $26 to complete the match. RESTNWOLF, thank you so much for the new Matching Challenge! Once we receive the $26 to complete Elwen's Matching Challenge, we'll only need $74. All Funds Raised is just around the corner! Thank you so much Angels! I'm so thankful to all of you who are making it possible for sweet Sophie to have her surgery. We're almost there - just a little bit more. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

Thank you all so much!