Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jacki IMOM

Sophie Quintana - ruptured mammary mass

78 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Large mammary mass - ruptured

Treatment needed: Surgery

Low end of estimate: $1390

Owner’s Contribution: $45

Contribution from other organizations: 0

Needed for low end of estimate: $1345

4% of $1345 for IMOM operating expenses: $54

Fundraising goal: $1399

Spayed: Yes

Caseworker: Jacki

Sophie is at All Funds Raised! Donations No Longer Needed!

Sophie is an 11 year old Golden with a very large mammary mass that has ruptured. She has infection and need to get the mass removed.

I spoke with her vet today and was able to get an appointment for her on Fri @ 3:30 - Eastern. Now we need your help to raise the funds so she can keep her appointment.

Sophie's family said about their sweet girl:

Sophie is like just like any other family member and as such we feel the need to do everything possible to save her life. We got her only at 9 weeks of age and since then she has brought so much joy to us. We are retired and we would feel just devastated not having her around to keep us company. I am not only sure but certain that if Sophie was a human she would do the same for us.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Sophie Quintana.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophies’s name when making your donation.

post-2-0-48259700-1394059409_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Donation sent in memory of Cyndi's and Sarah's Goldens at the Bridge, and in honor of the sweet senior mals here at Malcatraz.

Hoping this sweet old gal can get fixed up soon, and enjoy her twilight with her loving family.

Vicky M.

What a sweet face! Angels we are working on a tight deadline and need to get Sophie into surgery on Friday! I know we can do it!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Sophie Quintana.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.orgas the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophies’s name when making your donation.

Edited by Kris IMOM

I know there are many Angels who have a soft spot for the seniors. We need to get the funds raised for Sophie by FRIDAY - less than two days away. No time to waste. Please SHARE all about Sophie - on all the social media sites. Let's spread the word!!!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation, or you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.orgas the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophies’s name when making your donation. Thank you!!!

Donation sent in memory of Whiskey and Yanni. Two wonderful Goldens.

Nothing like a matching challenge to get things moving further. $100 on the table. Let's rumble!!! Betsy

Edited by ABQBets

Fund Raising Update!! Sophie has $225 in donations and needs $1174.

We also have a $100 matching challenge!! Make your money work twice as hard!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation, or you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.orgas the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophies’s name when making your donation. Thank you!!!

Edited by Kris IMOM

YAY...a matching challenge...nothing better than that...

IMOM angels, ALL donations are DOUBLED...that means $$$ becomes $$$$$$.....it's a win win situation...this girl needs help quickly.....

This poor senior really needs our help. She's such a sweet girl. Without this surgery, Sophie will not make it - it's that simple. All she wants to do is live out her remaining time on Earth with her family surrounded by love and to be happy and not be sick. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sophie Quintana. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophie's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

post-9302-0-14984100-1394065074_thumb.jp

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Who out there can help make life better for this senior Golden girl? The appointment for surgery is already set for Fri @ 3:30 Eastern. I made the appointment myself because I am very concerned for ths sweet girl. Please don't make me have to cancel. Please.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophies’s name when making your donation.

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $355 in donations and needs $1,044 more!

The Matching Challenge has been met!

ABQBets, send in those funds! Thank you so much, and thank you Angels for your donations so far! We're off to a really good start for poor Sophie. We still have some work to do, but I have absolutely no doubt that we'll meet our goal. If we don't raise the funds in time for her to have her surgery Friday at 3:30 EST, the surgery will have to be canceled. Can you please help Sophie? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sophie Quintana. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophie's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Funds sent. Let's keep this going Angels, share, send to everyone you know. Sophie and her family deserve this...

I have shared Sophie's IMOM fund raising thread on my FB wall...let's EVERYONE else do the same...this sweet girl has a surgery to make on Friday...and right now the momentum is really going strong...

Since the matching challenge has been met...how about another?

I have a dear dear friend who is struggling with cancer right now and she is a true friend to animals...she has had many a golden and they are near and dear to her...I know it will make her happy to be able to be a part of getting Sophie her much needed surgery...

so, in honor of my oldest friend, Diane I will match the NEXT $100.00 donated for Sophie...please...not only will this help a senior golden but it will help make Diane happy in her final days...I'd sure like to bring a smile to her face when I tell her what I've done in her honor...

Edited by Judy

Judy, what a wonderful tribute to give to your friend, Diane. <3

Hugs to both you and her.

In honor of Diane...and senior pets...I'll be happy to take some of your money!

Edited by Animal Luvr

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $515 in donations and needs $884 more!

$50 of Sophie's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Yay! Another Matching Challenge - thank you Judy! And, thank you Angels for your donations so far! Okay, we're over a third of the way there. Please, can you help poor Sophie? This poor senior pup is in really bad shape, and if we don't raise the funds in time for her to have her surgery Friday at 3:30 EST, the surgery will have to be canceled. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

Thank you all so much!

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $615 in donations and needs $784 more!

The Matching Challenge has been met!

:bravo:

Way to go!!! But, we still have a way to go. We need to raise the funds by Friday at 3:30 EST. Please if you can donate any and all size donations will add up to reach the goal for Sophie, and PLEASE remember to SHARE on all the social media sites so we can get the word out Sophie.

To donate, go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd , or you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sophie's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

What a way to start the morning! Off to send in my portion of the matching challenge...

IMOM angels...we are just about halfway to surgery...WE CAN DO THIS!!! We have a family that loves this senior golden and wants to get her happy and healthy again....what a wonderful thing.....and we can be a special part of this...

WHO can resist the sweet face of a senior?? We have lots to do today...we need to get Sophie's story out on ALL Social Media...ASAP......

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $715 in donations and needs $684 more!

Thank you so much Judy! And, thank you Angels for your donations so far! We're over the halfway mark now, but we still have a long way to go. Sophie is really sick - her family said she could barely get up yesterday. Please, can you help poor Sophie? Her surgery is scheduled for 3:30 EST tomorrow (3/7/14) and if we don't raise the funds in time, the surgery will have to be canceled. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

Thank you all so much!

I have repeatedly contacted the Quintana family to advise them of IMOM's requirement that they participate in fund raising by advocating for Sophie on our forum. Last night they told me that they will do it immediately but I see they have done nothing yet.

I am very disappointed. We have been working with them since 2/22 to try and help Sophie. She deserves to have a chance.

I know that the IMOM forum is very confusing...and if the owners are having problems they should let you know...IMOM is always understanding and willing to help...

I TOO WILL HELP if I could...all they have to do is TRY to post and I will get a message to them and help walk them thru the forum...done it many a time with others...

and, this girl DOES deserve a chance...

FYI--there was a problem posting things here last night. Getting to the main page was just fine, but if you went to the community forum the only thing that appeared was an error message that said something about a SQL server issue. I wish I could remember what the whole message said and for how long I noticed this...but it was for some time...my geeky husband was already asleep, otherwise I would have asked him what this message meant. Got the same error message when I clicked on some other pages, too.

I do hope that Sophie's family does start posting today. This is such a critical time for fundraising for their sweetie.

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $765 in donations and needs $634 more!

Thank you Angels! I just know we're going to raise the funds and get poor Sophie the surgery she needs. She really needs our help, poor pup. Please, can you help Sophie? Sophie will not make it without this surgery - hers is a life-threatening condition, and we don't have much time since surgery is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. EST tomorrow. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

Thank you all so much!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Robert and I grew up together with Sophie in the same house. My parents received Sophie 11 years ago and it has been one of the best things that ever happened to my family. it was a new child being born in the family and my elderly parents have taken well care of her ever since. I sometimes joke with them that they have taken better care of Sophie than they did care for me! Joking aside they are wonder people are a great mom and dad.

Unfortunately, my parents have gone through very rough financial times in these past years since their forced retirement. The antique shop where my dad worked for over 30 years closed due to the financial crisis and was forced to retire since he was planning on working there at least till his 70's. Now 72 he can barely make his bills even with the help my brother and I give him.

Sophie was diagnosed with a Mammary mass a few weeks ago that is now starting to rupture and threatening her life. She can hardly get up and when she does is to maybe to have some water. We bought her yesterday some antibiotics to help keep the infection from spreading. The vet said it should be OK until Friday when shes scheduled for surgery. We clean and disinfect her wound daily but its getting worse for her.

We have tried to borrow and raise the funds with noone to help us. Family just looked the other way (I hope you're reading this) and said just put her to sleep! My dad and I said no way and did everything possible searching online, applying for loans, contacting foundations...all closed doors, until we found someone who gave us hope...IMOM. God bless you and all who form part of this organization, from the board of directors, coordinators and specially you the kind hearted people who donate! Please help us finish raising the funds and again thank you for making this a better world.

Robert,

I am soooo happy to see you here. Stay with us. Let's get Sophie in for her surgery tomorrow. Be sure to call the vet for any pre-surgery instructions.

OK everyone. Let's get back to fund raising.