Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Kaori Frangipane - German Shepherd with Bladder Stone

87 posts in this topic

She had a hard night last night. She was in so much pain it was awful to witness and make her get up to go outside, but necessary. By about 2am, I could tell she was sloowily on the verge of the turn for the good. I figured that since I get up every few hours to go myself, lol, that I would go ahead and take her out too. Today, she's finally drinking a lot of water as long as I take her cone of shame off. No food yet, but I'm sure after another dose of pain meds and antibiotics she'll start. I tried sleeping on the floor with her last night cause when I laid down and put my hand out, she put her paw in it and gripped my hand and whined. Unfortunately being hugely pregnant doesn't work well sleeping on the floor so I had to eventually get up. My baby girl is on the mend!!!!!

good news...I am sure that she was having pain issues yesterday...poor girl...but with luck there will be no bumps in the road with her recovery...each day should be a little better for her.

watch her eating...those pain meds and antibiotics might made her stomach upset...keep an eye on that and if so, you can probably call the vet and they could prescribe something else...

good luck with your girl and the baby!! you sure have a full plate right now

She's eating and drinking now. Yay! Still has a little ways to go before she gets her energy back. Only issue I see is that she is still wetting herself, but I'm going to give it until Monday before I call the vet and check in with them on that. He did say that the bladder heals faster than skin, but I can't imagine that she would bounce back after only two days. So I'm gonna give it time and see how it goes with the healing and the antibiotics. ^_^

Checking in to see how Kaori is doing? Hoping that the leaking has lessened or even better, stopped...you know, she's been thru a lot...poor thing...

How are you doing? Any signs of the baby yet?

Please let us know how you both are...hoping your girl is getting better every day and by the time the baby arrives you'll have everything under control.

She is still leaking, however today is thankfully the last day for her pain medicine, which I'm wondering if it could be causing her to have a harder time controlling it. So I'll be giving it some time over the weekend to see if it lessens. She has another week to go on her antibiotics so that could also help just in case she did still have an infection. Her incision site is looking good and healing well. She's eating and drinking well an loves to lay out in the sun. (Thank you Florida!) :0) she's not quite ready to rough house with Bear yet but gettin closer!

I go to the doc in about an hour and then to the hospital tonight to be induced! I'm frankly terrified and can't wait til the hard part is over.

I go to the doc in about an hour and then to the hospital tonight to be induced! I'm frankly terrified and can't wait til the hard part is over.

Amber ~ Sending you, Serena Lilly and Kaori hugs and prayers.

You're going to be crazy busy for a while, but please let us know how you're doing when you're up to it.

Hi Everybody! Amber asked me to post this update as she is home from the hospital with Baby Serena and is catching up on much needed rest. She wanted everyone to know that Serena is happy and healthy and that Kaori is doing great. Loves the baby, licked her happily when they brought her home.

In Amber's words: "Oh and to kaoris health....my goodness, while I was in the hospital I was told that she was running around and acting like a puppy. She sure enough is. AND she has gained some weight. That stone took a bigger toll on her than I even knew."

It's so wonderful that IMOM helped this young family out when they needed it. :)

Edited by celayne

Congratulations on baby Serena and continued best wishes for Kaori and your family. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Oh thanks so much for letting us know. Good news all around. :)

What wonderful news!!! Thanks Celayne for posting...what a truly happy ending...I hope that soon we can see a photo of the family.....

Amber, Kaori and Serena ~ How are you guys doing? I hope you are all home, happy and healthy. Welcome to the world Serena Lilly.