Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Kaori Frangipane - German Shepherd with Bladder Stone

87 posts in this topic

Judy G ~ Yep, all funds raised for the surgery. Unless more are needed for the antibiotics and pain meds.

Hi

As Judy suggested- please contact your caseworker- tell them she needs antibiotics and pain meds-

She will do a lot better if her pain is under control. Ask the vet if she needs to stay on antibiotics as well- I am sure IMOM will find a way to help

Kathy

Just got done with most of my doctor's appointments for the day. One more to go. I contacted the vet and they said she will be fine without the antibiotics. I have some pain medicine left from when my cat was sick in the past and I am just waiting for them to contact me back about correct dosage information since my cat is 12 lbs and Kaori is 58. So hopefully we will be good! Thank you all as always!!!

Amber ~ How are you guys doing? Is Serena "serene"? Or still trying to kick her way into the world?

Gentle hugs.

Edited by kuhio98

hoping the vet got the pain meds for Kaori all set...we are getting closer.....

I'm with Lisa...how are you and the baby doing?

Serena is not so serene as usual. Kickin her way all over the place. Kaori is getting her tramadol, but I can tell she's definitely ready to get all fixed up. My poor baby. I'm ready for her to be all happy again too!!

I'm thinking that they will want to put her a special food once they figure out what the stones are...

SOON things will get back to normal...but then you'll be having a MAJOR life change...

Just stopping in IMOM and I saw Kaori's sweet face and I had to go find her! I'm so glad that you got to AFR and so quickly! IMOM is a GREAT place with WONDERFUL angels :) They have been here for me time and time again :)

I saw that you live in Tampa - I'm in St. Pete!! I think this is the first time anyone on IMOM has been close to me so please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance. Picking up meds, dog sitting, you name it :)

Also, congrats on your little girl :) Serena is a beautiful name :heart:

Gab n Gang

I spoke to the vet during the initial visit and we already discussed how to prevent this in the future. It WILL require a special diet and then of course routine checks to make sure nothing is developing. I've already bought some better food for her, but will get even better stuff when money isn't as tight. And I will be all over routine check ups. My poor baby girl is so sad. I keep telling her, "Soon baby girl, soon! I promise!!" I hope the next 4 days pass quickly!

3 more days. The wait is really starting to take a toll in her. Goodness time can't go fast enough right now. You can see the pain on her face when she sleeps.

Hoping the next 2 days fly by. We're all here waiting and worrying with you.

We just gotta get through tomorrow and then Wednesday morning she'll be in good hands. I can't wait!!!

Still no baby, though she is kickin me something fierce right now.

Counting...counting...counting down. Tomorrow is the day - I bet you CANNOT WAIT. Soon, Kaori will be back to feeling 100%. You'll need that with the little on on her way soon!

We'll check in tomorrow...thinking of you guys until then.

Gan N Gang

This time tomorrow we will be DONE with surgery, into recovery and with luck, maybe even on the way home!!!

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a 100% successful day tomorrow...

One more day... I'm sure you are eager to get Kaori all fixed up. Paws crossed!

Kaori is in good hands at the vet!!!! In about 5 hours I can leave to go pick her up!! I can't wait till she starts to feel better!!! Yay!!!! Thank you to everyone who made this possible!!! Bear, my black lab, is laying in bed with me trying to understand why I came home without kaori. *sad puppy face*

Wishing your sweet girl a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Hope all is well with you, too.

On the way home with Kaori! When they brought her into the exam room to me, she was SOOO happy to see me that she wouldn't stop whining!!! She is obviously very groggy and wobbly. She'll most likely do a lot of sleeping for the rest of the day. They showed me the stone which looked and felt like a rock you would generally find in your backyard. It was huge! I can't imagine having something like that bounce around in my own bladder. IM SO HAPPY TO HAVE HER BACK!!! I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU INFINITELY FOR YOUR HELP!!!

On the way home with Kaori! When they brought her into the exam room to me, she was SOOO happy to see me that she wouldn't stop whining!!! She is obviously very groggy and wobbly. She'll most likely do a lot of sleeping for the rest of the day. They showed me the stone which looked and felt like a rock you would generally find in your backyard. It was huge! I can't imagine having something like that bounce around in my own bladder. IM SO HAPPY TO HAVE HER BACK!!! I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU INFINITELY FOR YOUR HELP!!!

hug.gifAttention_Whore.gifCheer.giffw.gif

Edited by kuhio98