Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Kaori Frangipane - German Shepherd with Bladder Stone

87 posts in this topic

How AMAZING is this...but how can you not help it!! That SWEET, SWEET little face...those beautiful eyes, so happy and smiling...she is SO SO darn cute.....

Let's get her the surgery she needs to keep that twinkle in her eyes.....

Only $119 left to raise? Let's do a matching challenge to get this done. I will match the next $60 (I would say $59.50 since that's half of the amount left, but I prefer whole amounts).

$100 matching challenge happily sent in this morning. I know Elwen's challenge will bring in the rest and we will see the dancing bananas very soon. What a wonderful group of people you all are!!! Betsy

FUND UPDATE: Kaori has $605 in donations and needs $19 more

We need $19 more - who wants to see the nanners??

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Kaori Frangipane. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Kaori's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

You all are incredibly amazing. I never thought that so many strangers could come together this day and age and help each other out so much. I'm frankly overwhelmed, especially with the fact that all of this was pretty much accomplished in two days. This topic was posted at 11am yesterday!! Holy cow!! I now know that all the times I have been able to, and have paid it forward have not been in vain. Knowing how it makes the reverse side feel when you help them out...it's just....I have no words. Again, you guys are truly angels and I couldn't even begin to thank you all enough. Please feel free to add me on Facebook if you would like. Amber Frangipane.

Kaori's Big Smile

Kaori will be back to her old smiling, bouncy self very soon!!

Kaori.MOV

Amber also shared a video with us of her darling girl. It's adorable and shows how joyful and happy the family is.

OK, I am on my way to send in that $19.00.....

Can't wait to see the nanners...

AND, Amber...you can call the vet and tell them that ALL FUNDS ARE RAISED!!!!! Let us know when surgery can happen...

If Judy beat me to it just put my 20.00 in the general fund. Her post wasn't up when I saw that 19.00 was needed to AFR.

YIPPEEEEE! Kaori is at ALL FUNDS RAISED!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

THanks to the wonderful IMOM Angels, this sweet pup will get the surgery she needs to stay with her happy and soon expanding family.

You are the BEST!!

Kaori's thread will be moving to All Funds Raised - be sure to follow up with her.

THANK YOU INFINTIELY!!!!

I am working on calling the vet as we speak. As soon as I have more information I will post immediately!!I know she will have about a two week recovery time, but I can't wait to snuggle up with her in bed again.

:heart:

Steve...all handled I moved my donation over to Isley.......

HAPPY DAY.....can't wait to see when surgery is going to be.....YAY Amber.....hug your girl...

Just got off the phone with the vet, Animal Coalition of Tampa. Dr. Justin, who performs the surgeries, has a whopping 9 surgeries scheduled for tomorrow. He only does them on Wednesdays, so Kaori has an appointment on Wednesday, March 12th at 8 am.

Thank you all again for everything you have done. The lady I spoke with on the phone even commented on the happiness she could hear in my voice. You all have made my heart swell!!!

Amber ~ Ask them if Kaori can go on the cancellation list. Seems like another pet on IMOM was scheduled for surgery but had a fever that day, so the vet postponed it. Might be worth a shot to get Kaori in sooner. She must be uncomfortable.

You must be pretty uncomfortable yourself. Any contractions?

Edited by kuhio98

The 9 surgeries he has that day actually overbooks him. :o( 6 of them are "special" surgeries, like Kaori's.

I know she has to be uncomfortable, she came into my bedroom this morning, which I have blocked off for the past 3 weeks for this reason, and within 60 seconds, the poor thing left a small area of blood on the carpet, *sigh* One week, of a ton of love and a bath or two and she will be all fixed up. Another 2 weeks after that she'll be like a brand new puppy!!

No more contractions. Frustrating. I need to do a lot more walking and moving around I guess than I have been doing!! I miss the simple things like being able to put my shoes and socks on without struggling for breath and falling over!! ^_^ I'm hoping that Serena will grace the world with her presence BEFORE Kaori's surgery so that I can be tip top in bringing her in and picking her up. Then I can take care of both babies together!

Serena Lily

This is my little Serena who I am hoping will stop being stubborn and start being impatient again and arrive soon!!!!

So everyone may be wondering where on earth the name KAORI (Kay-Or-EE) came from. Well, when I was younger I was a HUGE fan of the cartoon Sailor Moon. Kaori was one of the evil characters, with red hair who eventually turned out good. And for some reason, when I was trying to come up with a name for her, Kaori was the ONLY name that would come to me. I didn't get ANYTHING else, like writer's block or something.

Even funnier, yet NOT why I chose the name:

Sailor Moon's name is Serena. Which can be kind of fun for her as she grows up watching the cartoon which I will most definitely introduce to her. I chose Serena, not only because it sounds beautiful, as Lily is also a beautiful amazing smelling flower, but literally translated my child's name will be Serene Flower. Well, with my sense of humor: This little wiggle worm has been ANYTHING but serene since the first kick. I actually have internal bruising on my abdomen for how hard she kicks me. For most mom's, baby sleeps 80% of the time in the womb and is active 20%. Nay nay. Not THIS child. And with her genetics, I know that I am going to immediately have to come up with an exercise routine to be able to keep up with her. I know how I was when I was a kid. And when she gets in trouble or is acting hyper active, how can you possibly stay mad for long when you are shouting, "SERENA LILY"!!! That's like yelling, "Calm flower, CALM DOWN!!!" HAAhaa!! Hopefully between me, the dogs, and the cats we can keep up with all of the energy she already has!! Especially once Kaori is back up to her happy self!! I trained her when she was a puppy to tolerate all of the things a child might do...ear pulling, tail pulling, blowing in the face, pulling on the nails and hair, etc etc.. She's amazing. ^_^

Amber, that is such a wonderful story...I just love it...it soundsd as if you have an amazing little family...and I can't wait to hear more about it.....thank you for sharing it with us.

Kaori has officially run out of the antibiotics and pain medicine. By the way she walks, I can see that the past 24 hours have run it out of her system. I can only pray that the next 6 days go very very quickly. I hope that she knows that very soon, she will be relieved of the pain.

Amber...contact your caseworker...perhaps there is something that can be done for her pain...we are under a week to surgery but that's a ways to go without meds...

Amber - what has the vet recommended for the pain? Can you call the vet and ask their advice?