Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Kaori Frangipane - German Shepherd with Bladder Stone

87 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Large Bladder Stone

Treatment needed: Surgery - Cystotomy

Low end of estimate: $650

Owner’s Contribution: $50

Needed for low end of estimate: $600

4% of $300 for IMOM operating expenses: $24

Fundraising goal: $624

Spayed: Yes

Caseworker: Dawn

Kaori has $605 in donations and needs $19 more!

post-9479-0-30380100-1393863125_thumb.pn

Kaori Frangipane is a 6 year old German Shepherd who is a great support to her mom. She is there for her during a very stressful time right now. But now Kaori needs help. She has a large bladder stone and needs surgery (cystotomy). The vet can perform the surgery on March 10th (next Monday), if we can get the funds raised.

Here’s what Kaori’s mom has to say about her:

I am currently over 8 months pregnant, found out about 2 weeks ago that my place of work would be closing down/going out of business. Upon noticing that my dog, Kaori, was constantly wetting and licking herself, I started paying closer attention to find that quite often, she was starting to pee blood. I managed to do some rearranging and dig up enough money to take her to the vet, only to find out that she has a bladder stone about the size of a fist which will require surgery. By how large the stone is, I feel like I have let her down. I have no real idea how long she has been in pain, as dogs deal with it so differently than humans. I love her and really feel that somehow I am to blame for not noticing the issue sooner.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Kaori Frangipane.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Kaori’s name when making your donation.

Thank you for your care and support.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Oh my...

GSD's are the most special dogs...not that all of them aren't...we were owned by the most wonderful GSD named Kayla...

she was with us for over 14 yrs. and is still such a strong force in our life...

IMOM angels...can you imagine...this has to be quite painful...a bladder stone the size of a fist has to be quite painful...and soon Kaori is going to have a most important job and she must be feeling the best for her new baby coming...

Let's share...both Facebook and Twitter...

we can do this and make that surgery happen on March 10th.....Judy

Thank you everyone. The vet has currently changed the date to March 12th. I am just waiting to hear back from them as confirmation. :)

Yay! Kaori's case has been accepted.

Okay, IMOMers to get the ball rolling, I'm issuing a....................

match-challenge_zps7a4db906.jpg

I will match the next $100 that comes in. Turn your $1 into $2.

Who'll take my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

I just saw this post on Amber's profile page...it tells a little about her girl.....you know that posting is always a little confusing in the beginning...but she'll get it figured out quickly.....here's what she wrote

Hello my name is Amber and I have joined the community in need of financial aide to help my dog Kaori get surgery for a bladder stone. I have two dogs, Kaori a german shep mix, Bear a black lab mix, Cicero an orange tabby, and Blueberry a russian blue. Kaori was adopted from the local shelter right before her "end" date. The other three were all adopted from rescues. They all have wonderful individual personalities. I am currently over 8 months pregnant and pretty much due any day now. I am in a little bit of a panic as I recently lost my job earlier than expected, and now have a baby on the way and an amazing dog that needs an expensive surgery. I am just trying to figure out how to make it all work and finally admitted that I need some help. :feedback: I have always worked hard for everything I have and am not against working for anything I need. I appreciate anything and everything anyone has to offer.

Just what I've been waiting for...A MATCHING CHALLENGE!!! Yippee!

Thank you, kuhio98! I'll take some of that $$$$!

Donation being sent right now!

Edited by Animal Luvr

Thanks!

Kaori just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved and all of your efforts so far!

Hi Kaori

You are in the Angel's hands and you will soon be on your way to All funds Raised !

Keep posting and tell everyone about your baby and pictures too if you can- tell us stories so everyone can fall in love with your Kaori.

Kathy

Come on Angels! We need to get the word out and take this worry off of Amber's list.

She is due to have her baby any day now. This added stress can't be good for her. So, lets get Kaori to all funds raised ASAP.

Look at that sweet girls face...you can see the worry in her eyes.....

PLEASE, share - social media is the way to go...especially when we have a MATCHING CHALLENGE.....

FUND UPDATE: Kaori has $50 in donations and needs $574 more.

$50 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Amber certainly does have quite a bit on her hands right now. Angels, let's help her help Kaori. I know we can get this sweet Shepherd the help she needs so she can be well when the new baby arrives.

PLEASE SHARE all about Kaori on all the social media sites.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Kaori Frangipane.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note Kaori’s name when making your donation.

Thank you!!!

KAORI'S ADOPTION STORY

It had been just Cicero (my orange tabby) and I for awhile, so I went to the local animal control shelter one day and just started looking around. All the sad faces, some that wouldn't even look my way. I came across one little tan puppy who didn't want to bother getting up to come to the gate.She was only about six months old and I really wanted to save an older doggy. So I wandered off and managed to make my way back to her "cell". I sat down on the ground and kept coaxing her until finally she came up to me wagging her tail. I started petting her and she started chewing on my hand and barking and licking and chewing. When I saw her eyes, I fell in love immediately. So I went back up to the front after a good half hour of spending time with her, and let them know I wanted to adopt her. They told me that there was already someone ahead of me, but I could be second on the list as she only had two more weeks before her "end date." So with some frustration, I went ahead and put my name down as second. So I had a two week wait to find out if the people with their names ahead of mine were actually going to adopt her. Everyday the shelter was open, I took my 30 minute lunch break from work and came to visit her, where I had to leave her behind, barking. Every day for two weeks I did this. On the last day, I went up to the front to find out if the other people were going to adopt her or not. They said that they were scheduled for a meet and greet that afternoon and I would find out soon. So I went home, waited and waited, finally gave up and started to make myself some dinner on the stove. Halfway through boiling rice, I got a phone call saying that the other people didn't show up and I could come down and pick her up. (30 minutes before their closing time.) I threw the pot to the back of the stove, shut off the burner, grabbed my purse and went tearing out of the house. I got there at the very last minute and when they brought her out to me, I sat down on the ground and was given the most thankful, energetic bundle of bouncing, chewing love ball of fur ever. I took her to the store to get the necessary items and then to her forever home.

This dog has brought so much joy to me over the past 6 years that it is indescribable. Until recently, she slept in bed with me every night and we keep each other warm and comfy. I don't think either of us could imagine a life without the other.

Edited by afrangipane

FUND UPDATE: Kaori has $115 in donations and needs $509 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met - send in those funds!

What a sweet and beautiful adoption story - seems you two were meant to be together.

Angels, if you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Kaori Frangipane.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note Kaori’s name when making your donation.

:thanks3:

:bravo:

FUND UPDATE: Kaori has $315 in donations and needs $309 more.

We have zoomed past the halfway mark - as a very sweet lady noted - let's get this show on the road!

Angels, if you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Kaori Frangipane.

Huge thanks for your caring and support!

It worked so good the first time, how about a repeat? $100 matching challenge is on the table. C'mon angels, take my money, please!!!!!

WOOHOO! IMOM Angels rock! Another Matching Challenge, Time to double your donation. I'm heading to bed, but will be up early to do a fund update.

I am SO THRILLED to see that this sweet, sweet girl is doing so well with her fund raising...

but, WHO can resist a girl with a face and eyes like hers...from the sounds of it, that is what drew her Momma to her in the first place...

take a look at that face and those eyes...PLUS we have a MATCHING CHALLENGE.....yahooooo.....

It worked so good the first time, how about a repeat? $100 matching challenge is on the table. C'mon angels, take my money, please!!!!!

Betsy ~ Fantastic!

You all are so amazing and generous, bringing a smile to my face, I thought that I would show you a picture that will always bring a smile to my face!

Hello there!!!

ABQ, I took $50 of that matching challenge. I will not be daunted by a challenge! :)

Awww, look at this face.

med_gallery_29259_357_84111.jpg

Hang in there Kaori and Amber. Miracles happen every day on IMOM. Don't have that baby tonight!

Edited by kuhio98

FUND UPDATE: Kaori has $330 in donations and needs $294 more!

Kaori has a $100 Matching Challenge!

As soon as someone is available to check donations, we'll post another update with any new donations that have come in. Thank you so much Angels! Oh my gosh, Kaori is adorable! Just look at that face! How can anyone resist helping this poor baby? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share so we can get the word out about this poor girl.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Kaori Frangipane. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Kaori's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

FUND UPDATE: Kaori has $405 in donations and needs $219 more!

There is $25 left on the Matching Challenge!

What a face this pup has - you can see she must be such a character. Please, if you can help donations of any size will add up to get Kaori the care she needs. Also, PLEASE SHARE so we can get the word out about Kaori.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Kaori Frangipane. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Kaori's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

FUND UPDATE: Kaori has $505 in donations and needs $119 more!

The Matching Challenge has been met!

Oh Boy - the Angels have been busy. just a little further... I know we can do this.

Thank you!