Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Twilight Cooper - kitty with urinary obstruction

15 posts in this topic

Yesterday we got an urgent request about Twilight Cooper, a 4 year old kitty with a urethral obstruction. Because of the urgency of the situation, IMOM pledged $500 to unblock Twilight.

Here’s what Twilight’s dad has to say about him.

Please Help, this is his last chance. I can't stand to see him suffer like that. He is loved my myself and everyone he comes in contact with. He has his own precocious personality. He is truly a unique individual. This sickness came so suddenly. No one saw it coming. Please help him get the help that he needs to be himself again.”

Twilight received treatment yesterday evening and this morning is doing much better.

Please understand that our pledge was only available to save Twilight’s life because of donors like you.

Without donations to our General Fund we would not have been able to save Twilight.

To Donate to the General Fund please go to:

http://www.imom.org/donation/index.htm#gf

We appreciate all the support that you give both IMOM and the PINs. Thank you again for making this possible.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Today Twilight is home with me. He is on Prazosin and on ProPlan focus OTC urinary tract formula food but he still appears to be obstructed. He is not able to make urine this morning despite trying, he is licking himself and he is meowing and hissing. I have to find another vet today. I can't wait to this ordeal is finally over. Thanks again for all of your help. One thing that is certain, He would not be alive today without your help. I'll keep you all posted with updates on his status.

if you have not done so already, please send a message to gf@imom.org letting the board know Twilight is unable to pass urine. He may need greater levels of intervention.

Please follow CatPaws advice. This is a very serious situation .

If you can post your general location - State and many what county you are in- someone may be able to suggest a vet that can help

Good luck

Kathy

Have we heard an update on Twilight? Saying my prayers that he is doing better.

We've asked Twilight's dad to please find a vet to get a diagnosis so Twilight can get the care he needs. However, we have not heard back from him yet. Twilight is in my thoughts. I'm worried about this kitty.

Twilight and his dad are in our thoughts as well. Been worrying about Twilight since I read his dad's report yesterday morning.

We received this update from Twilight's dad last evening:

"I had a little scare with Twilight this evening. I couldn't find him for hours. I searched all over the house. It's so not like him. I read that they seek seclusion when they are really sick. I thought even might have slipped outside when I left earlier. I later decided to come out of hiding. He was in the basement. He seems to be doing better and he responds to the medications. I still need to get him to a vet in order to answer some questions I have and to get a prescription for more medicine."

All paws are crossed for Twilight.

Twilight is in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending positive thoughts for a full and speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Posted this elsewhere- ask the vet if METHIFORM would help. I used it a lot in the past for kitties with urinary problems.

Not too expensive and most kitties like the taste- it is a chewable tablet.

Good luck to you and Twilght

Kathy

Hello everyone, Twilight seems to be back to his old self. His vibrant personality is back. He is gobbling the ProPlan Urinary formula cat food down. I only have one pill left for him. Hope this does the trick.

Whew - so glad to hear an update. I was very worried about Twilight. Paws crossed for continued success.

Thanks for the update. I was worried....

Please continue to let us know how Twilight is doing. All the best to you!